Help 722k Wont Connect Online

teddyballgame

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Southeast Massachusetts.
Hello,
I have the Dish VIP 722K, and it will no longer connect to the internet online after a recent power outage at my home. The receiver previously connected online through an ethernet cord Powerline adapter and worked well with the Dish Sling adapter. But, now it just shows not connected at all times no matter how many times I try to reset the internet connection. The IP Address shows on the screen too, no zeros show on the screen.

I have swapped the Home Plug Powerline adapters between my 211k in the basement and the 722K, and they both work for the 211k to be connected online just fine. I've also tried rebooting the 722K box and unplugging the box too.

Any other suggestions to get my receiver connected online again would be great!
Thanks!

I installed the reman replacement 722K and still have the same issue as before with no internet connection. I have the broadband powerline adapters and the 211k box is connected online with no problems. I've tried resetting the 722, unplugging the box, resetting the internet connection, swapping out the powerline adapters etc with the working 211k box.

Am I the only one with no internet connection on my 722 right now or has dish got something up their sleeve on this one? The 722 box shows the IP address and no zeros are shown.

Thanks!
ted-

You have the infamous receiver is offline even though it is online problem. This and variations thereof have been going on for about six months. Dish refuses to comment about whether the issue is being worked on or will ever be fixed.

Thanks for the replies;
I never had any issues until now with Dish and their 722k. Everything used to work perfectly for almost 2 years! 1 year and 9 months later this issue has arisen.

I don't see why I would need to put my router in DMZ mode when it worked before. I have the Linksys 4200 N router. How do you put it in DMZ mode and what settings do I set in the router for DMZ. Also, two 722k's both have the same problem, what are the chances a 3rd would be offline too?
thanks-

Go into your router and change your firewall settings to place the 722k in DMZ mode.

I spoke with Dirt and I will need to wait this one out until Dish issues a software update. I will say the Dirt team is very helpful and is fully aware of our concerns

Glad to see you have some patience. This issue has existed for over six months. I would hope the DIRT team is fully aware of our concerns as this issue has been reported to DISH, DIRT reps and discussed on this and other forums for over six months.

I'm more interested in a fix to the issue, OR AT LEAST some sort of response by Dish that the matter is being addressed and an idea as to when to expect a resolution of the issue...if ever. After six months, my patience is gone.

6 months you say it's been broken? The problem must be so sporadically widespread I am thinking Dish may have moved onward with their new Hopper system. I guess I was lucky, my 722k box worked with the Sling for the past 8months no problems what so ever, until now. Tried a new Reman box, tried changing and enabling Router settings and tried new powerline adapters. I can totally see how someones patience can easily go south. I don't know how Dish can rightfully still sell the Sling to 722k users with the known issues currently under review. It's an invitation for a BBB case.

In the interim, try hooking up to a router behind your router. Worked for me. This was suggested by Dish for a known Uverse problem they blame on Uverse.

My 722k's hasn't stayed online since the day they installed them, the 922 has never gone offline since the day they installed it so I really think its a 722k issue. I'm just giving you my 2 cents though I have att dsl.

Count me in on this one. Got my 722K back in November as new customer but most of the time is offline even though system settings show its online. Shame the 612 does not support the Sling adapter since it has never show this problem at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk