Help, 771-Signal loss on satellite In 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keekz804

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Earth
Ugh hate calling customer service come on Satelliteguy gurus what can I do to fix this? Is it simply bad weather? It started giving me this message last night when it was raining pretty bad. Now today the weather is cold but fairly clear and I'm still getting it. It is blocky and stuttering if that makes sense. Some channels work fine though so not sure what the deal is..:confused::mad:

Ugh hate calling customer service come on Satelliteguy gurus what can I do to fix this? Is it simply bad weather? It started giving me this message last night when it was raining pretty bad. Now today the weather is cold but fairly clear and I'm still getting it. It is blocky and stuttering if that makes sense. Some channels work fine though so not sure what the deal is..:confused::mad:

Sounds like the dish is out of alignment. What's your sat signal?

You need to post your signal information.
Start by posting your 101 signals, all transponders. Then if you have HD, also post the signals from 99c, 103ca and 103cb. All transponders.

This problem is usually dish alignment, or water getting into the LNB or a connector. If you post all your signals, we might be able to help.

I got the exact same message today when it was raining cats & dogs here is So. Cal. Some channels worked just fine, others were crap and I got the 771 Signal Loss on Satellite 1 message. It lasted for a few minutes until the heavy, heave rain subsided and all was good again.

But, it looks like you are having problems even when the weather is not so bad. If you still have the problem in a couple of days, I would check all the connections from your LNB to your house for possible problems with a broken or loose connector. You might just have some moisture in there that is causing your signal loss. If you don't find anything then you may have to call service to take a look. Depending on where you live, D* will sometimes offer free realignment and/or minor repair after a major storm. It is certainly worth a call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)