Help a new guy.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueboat

Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Tonto Basin Arizona
Question, I am looking at getting a KU or KU and C-band. Looking at the different lists I see that PBS is on AMC 3, so can I watch PBS Create, Life and world with a KU-band system?
Is it the same as watching PBS OTA. So If I watch nightly business report at 5:30 pm OTA it would be the same on KU-band.
I am new at this.
Thanks for your help Mike.

Yes and NO, Yes the programming is all the same and its in a better quality as it is directly from the source. The no part is that the schedules may be diffrent than what your local PBS airs. In laymen terms the local affiliate will often DVR stuff from the network to air later. Also, Welcome to Satelliteguys!

I would use Ku and 125W. Yes it will be the same, the only thing is the news will be on at 6PM Eastern time, so you might want to set your box to record if you are a work in AZ at that time.

Nightly Business Report is 530pm central time if getting it from OETA (Oklahoma PBS) off 125 KU and replays at 1130pm on OETA Okla.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I like the nightly business report on Montana pbs, on 125w, at 1830 cdt followed by pbs nightly news at 1900 so I can watch the local news at that time. charlie

Another members post listing the titantv channels available on 125.>>#10<< Punch em in on titantv and a look at the listings there.
Think the only difference you'll see is 'time shifting' by the local vs what's on when on 125W

Question, I am looking at getting a KU or KU and C-band. Looking at the different lists I see that PBS is on AMC 3, so can I watch PBS Create, Life and world with a KU-band system?
Is it the same as watching PBS OTA. So If I watch nightly business report at 5:30 pm OTA it would be the same on KU-band.
I am new at this.
Thanks for your help Mike.

What list are you looking on? AMC 3, I think is 67W? Don't know of any PBS there, but I could be wrong. I only know of 87W Ku, 125W Ku and 103W C-band.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts