Help!! Accidentally reset 4DTV 905

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK I really need help now. I went to update the channel maps on the 905 that I just got back and I screwed up and did a master reset :eek:

Now all I have is channel 255 or 0......how do I fix this and get the maps back??

Here is what I did
1. Put big dish on G1/15 at 133
2. Tuned in a H transponder on the Pansat 1500 (the 905 is looped out from this)
3. Tuned the 905 to G1 channel 0 (only option)...red lite on box
4. manually went in and tuned the frequency in
a. options 6-7-7-8-1
b. set for 1390 freq, left polarity, s/r 19510 fec 3/4 and hit tune

green light came on

so I assume just let it sit there for 1/2 hour or so???

(since the 905 doesnt have analog I cant do the G1 TP3 trick)

Glad you got it.

I used G0 I think. Whatever G10 is in the 4DTV. That gave me transponder 7 or 13 which did the same thing as what you just did using G1 without having to manually set the frequency.

The 905 is pretty empty after a Master Reset with not very many options. :)

I thought 905's didn't need master resets. :)

Glad you got it going again.

I had to do a master reset on my 922 recently. When they deleted X4 and tried to add the DMX channels to GB, my TDT went to 1920 and I started having problems with the 922. Luckily the master reset went ok. They still haven't programmed the DMX channels correctly on GB.

You rarely ever have to do a MR on a 905, but when you do, it is a snap because all the positions are already stored into your analog box, so it is just a matter of snagging tiles for the satellites you want to use. :)

I thought 905's didn't need master resets. :)
I screwed up...went to get a rehit and scrolled down too far to MR

Glad you got it going again.
what I did was just a shot in the dark. I cant believe it worked

They still haven't programmed the DMX channels correctly on GB.

no but there are like 20 paid program channels on there (in quadruplicate)

You rarely ever have to do a MR on a 905, but when you do, it is a snap because all the positions are already stored into your analog box, so it is just a matter of snagging tiles for the satellites you want to use. :)

if it was only that easy :)

I use the 1500 to find the sats (G5 as example) to get them to take the channel maps

no but there are like 20 paid program channels on there (in quadruplicate)

I noticed that also. That's because they have the wrong service numbers for the DMX channels. They are duplicating some of the service numbers for the paid programming channels. The DMX service numbers are over 100. I don't know if the 4dtv can handle three digits. That may be the hold up.

I noticed that also. That's because they have the wrong service numbers for the DMX channels. They are duplicating some of the service numbers for the paid programming channels. The DMX service numbers are over 100. I don't know if the 4dtv can handle three digits. That may be the hold up.

Last time the ACC tried to get the DMX channels on GB right they deleted the bird. I wonder if HITS is going to drop the W5 feeds or what? I also wonder if the ACC is going to drop all the old channel information 100...up for X4?

Motorola asleep at the switch :rolleyes:

I noticed that X4 had totally disappeared after my master reset.

If anyone knows how to contact the ACC, tell them that the service numbers for DMX should be 150 through 192 on the Q stream, not 1 through 40 on the I stream as they have it now.

x4 is not mapped into my receivers anymore. I liked the old KU band 4dtv. It was pretty sweet that you could take a 33" FTA dish with a cheap little lnbf and watch 4dtv stuff.

Just for information purposes, I believe that you can download channel maps from any satelite that you can get a DC lock on. However you can only get the guide from G1.

No, you can only download maps on the transponders that carry the data, off my head there is a transponder on 4dtv tiles G1, G5, and I think C3 and C4.

Just for information purposes, I believe that you can download channel maps from any satelite that you can get a DC lock on. However you can only get the guide from G1.

incorrect. You need a premium movie service channel to download the maps. I usually use G5 since its easy for me to grab

G1 is tough in my area (partial tree issue)

incorrect. You need a premium movie service channel to download the maps. I usually use G5 since its easy for me to grab

G1 is tough in my area (partial tree issue)
Darn it I really dislike making mistakes. Goes to show you the old mind just ain't what it used to be...

no problem :)

Heck if it was that easy, I'd upload the maps off G11 or G16 where the big dish usually is

You guys with a 922 and X4 not mapped in any more, what is your channel count? Mine is 4844 and when I programed in X4 again it shows all the channels still. I never did a master reset and don't need one since my TDT is only 1749. I thought the ACC can take out channels like they did when they were cleaning up there database a few moths ago. At that point the old defunct channels went away so what's different with the X4 muxes.

BTW I miss X4 too it was cool to use the Primestar on that. Although W5 rocks in a bad rainstorm :) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)