Help adding second dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elgordo123

Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
southern cal
My second dish is installed and used to work (switched to a new plan/contract and new installer didnt' connect it even though I asked him to!). I would like to hook it back up so I can get my international channels (dish said they only work on 61.5/118.7).

Anyway, here is a link to a diagram of how it is now. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get my second dish connected again? I can't see paying $100+ to re-connect some cables..

(I want to get dish#1 connected back into my system (Dish#2))

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• MyDishSetup.jpg
    MyDishSetup.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 149
Sorry dish #1 is a LEGACY setup and can't be connected to a Dish Pro LNB. You need to purchase a Dish Pro single or DUAL LNB not a TWIN to go on dish #1.

Thank you. It looks like I can get one for about 30 or so. If I get one do you mind posting and let me know how I'd wire it and what addtnl hardware I would need? (According to my sketch)?
Thanks again!

If you get a DishPro Plus 44 (DPP44) you can connect 4 dishPro or DP Plus lnbs to up to 4 receivers, for the 625 you should able to use a DP seperator, from 1 feed from the switch.
to both tuners on receiver. Or if your certain you have dish Pro and NOT Dish Pro Plus lnbs you can get a cheaper DP34 switch 3 lnbs to 4 receivers. The DP34 is not compatible with DishPro Plus lnbs, but a DPP44 switch is backward compatible for Dishpro and DishPro Plus lnbs.

Hope this helps.

By your wiring diagram you have a DPP Twin on the #2 dish it has a third INPUT connection on it. A cable from the #1 dish would be run to the input on the DPP Twin, it will combine the signal and make it available on your 2 receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts