Help adding second dish?

elgordo123

Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
southern cal
My second dish is installed and used to work (switched to a new plan/contract and new installer didnt' connect it even though I asked him to!). I would like to hook it back up so I can get my international channels (dish said they only work on 61.5/118.7).

Anyway, here is a link to a diagram of how it is now. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get my second dish connected again? I can't see paying $100+ to re-connect some cables..

(I want to get dish#1 connected back into my system (Dish#2))

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• MyDishSetup.jpg
    MyDishSetup.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 149
Sorry dish #1 is a LEGACY setup and can't be connected to a Dish Pro LNB. You need to purchase a Dish Pro single or DUAL LNB not a TWIN to go on dish #1.

Thank you. It looks like I can get one for about 30 or so. If I get one do you mind posting and let me know how I'd wire it and what addtnl hardware I would need? (According to my sketch)?
Thanks again!

If you get a DishPro Plus 44 (DPP44) you can connect 4 dishPro or DP Plus lnbs to up to 4 receivers, for the 625 you should able to use a DP seperator, from 1 feed from the switch.
to both tuners on receiver. Or if your certain you have dish Pro and NOT Dish Pro Plus lnbs you can get a cheaper DP34 switch 3 lnbs to 4 receivers. The DP34 is not compatible with DishPro Plus lnbs, but a DPP44 switch is backward compatible for Dishpro and DishPro Plus lnbs.

Hope this helps.

By your wiring diagram you have a DPP Twin on the #2 dish it has a third INPUT connection on it. A cable from the #1 dish would be run to the input on the DPP Twin, it will combine the signal and make it available on your 2 receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts