help aiming dish

pass1over

Original poster
Aug 10, 2020
Trenton, FL
my wife thinks her horse hit the dish and moved it, now we get no signal on the satellite. It's a dish networks dish, Digital LNBF A42909-5L1500C37 , there are two round things (forgive me, I don't remember what they're called) on the end of the LNB.
There is only 1 coax line hooked up to the right one, if your looking at the dish. I'm in Florida, 32693. Just need to know what heading to point it as I believe the skew and elevation were unaffected.
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this dish please? Which satellite should I be pointing it at? Echostar XV at 61.5?

it's on the non-horse side of the fence, but this one likes to eat the grass on the other side ... it tastes better.
dish and pole look fine. I ran a new coax and guessed again at the sat pointing and I am getting like a 56-58 signal strength, enough to watch TV.

The pole installation is very loose, he didn't sink it very deep and you can wiggle it around. I'll leave it alone until my appointment on the 24th, since it seems to work. But i'll sink another pole before he gets here, much deeper and with more concrete, and maybe away from the fence, lol

it's on the non-horse side of the fence, but this one likes to eat the grass on the other side ... it tastes better.
dish and pole look fine. I ran a new coax and guessed again at the sat pointing and I am getting like a 56-58 signal strength, enough to watch TV.

The pole installation is very loose, he didn't sink it very deep and you can wiggle it around. I'll leave it alone until my appointment on the 24th, since it seems to work. But i'll sink another pole before he gets here, much deeper and with more concrete, and maybe away from the fence, lol
Make sure you get that new pole perfectly plumb or you are wasting your time.

I'm going to re-aim a dish for a friend tomorrow that a bear used as a scratching post. He says the pole is still straight, but the first thing I'll be doing is sticking my level on it...

Reactions: Bobby and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)