help aligning triple lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acidflames

Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
I was wondering if someone could please help me with aligning my triple LNB dish. I had a single LNB round satellite on a tripod on the balcony of my apartment which is on the second floor and has a perfect view of the southern sky. I took off the round satellite today and put up the oval, triple LNB on the tripod, but I cant get any satellite signal whatsoever. I live in Austin, TX and my zip is 78745 and I followed the alignment guidelines from the receiver exactly but I got nothing. It said the tilt was 70, elevation 53, but I still have nothing. As far as the asmyth, I tried moving the satellite over and over from left to right but get absolutely nothing. I am running just one cable from the integrated 4 way multiswitch of the satellite to a flat wire under my window and then directly to a receiver. I cant figure out for the life of me whats wrong because I am not getting one darn bit of signal. I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me. Thanks.

:) i think 101 is the one to tune in first then skew or rotate the dish to receive the others. try hooking the single back up to make shire its not something else. take note of its general pointing direction. then try the triple again. the screw has a pos and neg on some dishes. neg rotates to the left from 90deg. markings should tell you.

hobojoe said:
:) i think 101 is the one to tune in first then skew or rotate the dish to receive the others. try hooking the single back up to make shire its not something else. take note of its general pointing direction. then try the triple again. the screw has a pos and neg on some dishes. neg rotates to the left from 90deg. markings should tell you.

Actually, with a 3 lnb dish, you are pointing at 110 and tilting the dish to get 101 and 119.

First off all, be sure your mounting pole is vertical. No tilt or leaning.
Then do a Google search for 15972130_701603_25.pdf.
The first hit took me to a TIVO Community Forum Archives and I found a link to downloading it there.
It's for the RCA dish , but should still apply. Fine tuning and alignment instructions start on page 34. According to it, 101 is the one you start with.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)