Help! Anyway to Set Wilt and Dragonldy_mom Up Here?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

warkovision

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
The Voom Yahoo Group, where we've grown to depend on hearing what these two people associated with Voom have to say, has descended into a pit of useless bickering over the Divine channel. It may all blow over in a few days, but I've grown weary of the unmoderated format. Isn't there a way to set them up here where they can view and respond to relevant concerns/questions regarding VOOM that would allow them to easily interact with the Voom community? I know Wilt has expressed the view that the Yahoo format is easier for him to use, but there just HAS to be a way. Thanks, Mark

I think they've been invited here many times. We had no bickering here. None whatsoever.

Wilt is a member here, and I am not sure about Dragonldy_mom.

If they want to chat here they are more then welcome to. We can't force them.

One thing that has me concerned about the Yahoogroup is someone just posted an Out Of Office message to the VOOM group, what concerned me was not the out of office meesage but the fact that the message contain the full email addresses of the last 25 people who posted to the yahoogroup.

I always thought that the full email addresses of members were not shown.

That explains the spam I have been getting.

I don't know if your being serious or facetious here. :) Of course there is bickering here. Lively debate is fine with me and necessary when it's on topic. And the moderaters here are pretty good at pulling the plug when it gets out of hand.

cyuhnke said:
I think they've been invited here many times. We had no bickering here. None whatsoever.

Yes, full email addresses are always shown at Yahoo. This indeed causes all that increased SPAM and email-virus traffic.

I was going for smugetious :) We had quite the donnybrook, and the plug was pulled.

Edit: Just checked out the Yahoo group. We never got as far as quoting scripture, though.

cyuhnke said:
I was going for smugetious :) We had quite the donnybrook, and the plug was pulled.

Edit: Just checked out the Yahoo group. We never got as far as quoting scripture, though.

cyuhnke, My wife and daughter love your avatars. are you making those yourself

Does anyone from Voom monitor this forum? I don't know how anyone can follow the Yahoo groups, with their unthreaded format. Right now, the Voom Yahoo group is overrun with the gay channel debate. Yikes.

Good news as far as the Yahoo Group goes - and for that group there is rarely any good news. Appears there is a moderator. No idea how that came about but it is a welcome change. The wacko who took over the entire board for the last couple days has been banned.

Still wish Wilt would come over here but at least there is hope that Yahoo will improve, if ever so slightly.

ricks said:
Good news as far as the Yahoo Group goes - and for that group there is rarely any good news. Appears there is a moderator. No idea how that came about but it is a welcome change. The wacko who took over the entire board for the last couple days has been banned.

Still wish Wilt would come over here but at least there is hope that Yahoo will improve, if ever so slightly.

Good that some sanity has been restored. There has always been a moderator there. He has just been too laid back to do anything. This is not the first episode of craziness. There has been quite a few before and nobody did anything to restore everything to normal even though a few people tried. I also tried but gave up because the person that should have done something about it did not seem to overemphasize the purpose of the board. Anyway, if VOOM wants to succeed, they need to bring the word of VOOM to every single board in the internet. Not just Yahoo, not jut Satelliteguys... It needs to be every where.

iceshark said:
cyuhnke, My wife and daughter love your avatars. are you making those yourself

The Beeker one I got here. They have a good selection there. The others I just search for the subject matter (Conker, Milhouse), and find a picture. I then crop and/or resize if necessary. Glad you like 'em.

Sean Mota said:
Good that some sanity has been restored. There has always been a moderator there. He has just been too laid back to do anything. This is not the first episode of craziness. There has been quite a few before and nobody did anything to restore everything to normal even though a few people tried. I also tried but gave up because the person that should have done something about it did not seem to overemphasize the purpose of the board. Anyway, if VOOM wants to succeed, they need to bring the word of VOOM to every single board in the internet. Not just Yahoo, not jut Satelliteguys... It needs to be every where.

Boy, if there has always been a moderator, he's doing the worst job in history. You are correct, there have been several episodes of lunacy and nothing has ever been done to stop them. If he's been there forever and a day, I just lost hope that things will improve. :no

annexmember7 was out of town. That's why the posts kept up. He is the only moderator of the group. Up until now there hasn't been a need. I have ready every post from the first one and there has never been a run away thread like this. Steve176 has been banned and I have volunteered to help annexmember7 out when he has to leave town. I just him an e-mail this morning so I don't know his answer. But having a couple of moderators would help keep this from happening again.

The combonation of the Voom Yahoo group and Satelliteguys, conviced me to get Voom. Both are extremely usefull in getting issues resolved. I guarentee that becuase of these sites, Voom has been able to keep several subscribers that would have given up otherwise.

Glad to hear there will be some order in the Yahoo forum. Unfortunately moderation of that forum is not going to help much. Of course you can ban certain members, but deleting and editing the messages won't make much difference, because many people subscribe to that forum via email (I think Wilt does too, and this is probably the reason why he prefers that forum: he can quickly sort through the emails, forward them, organize them the way he wants, or hit reply...). So, by the time a moderator edits/deletes a message, it's already gone to all subscribers. For the same reason it is hard to stop SPAM there.

mkatts said:
annexmember7 was out of town. That's why the posts kept up. He is the only moderator of the group. Up until now there hasn't been a need. I have ready every post from the first one and there has never been a run away thread like this. Steve176 has been banned and I have volunteered to help annexmember7 out when he has to leave town. I just him an e-mail this morning so I don't know his answer. But having a couple of moderators would help keep this from happening again.

The combonation of the Voom Yahoo group and Satelliteguys, conviced me to get Voom. Both are extremely usefull in getting issues resolved. I guarentee that becuase of these sites, Voom has been able to keep several subscribers that would have given up otherwise.

Well, I understand he was out of town. Which is why I suggested he leave someone else in charge if he's away. However, the Yahoo group has always been a very difficult experience. Seriously, I always believed it was a totally open and unmoderated group. Not only have threads (if you can call them that) gotten way, way, off-track to the consternation of most of the members (and nothing ever done about it) but the general posting etiquette of many folks leaves a great deal to be desired. No one does anything about it. One of my pet peeves is a poster (and there are many) who feels it necessary to include miles and miles of previous posts in his reply. I'm in digest mode for convenience. It isn't unheard of that one or two posts will take up an entire digest, simply because the poster included an incredible amount of garbage along with his one or two new sentences. It is extremely frustrating. I and others have pleaded several times in the past for posters to learn how to post. To no avail. And nothing is ever done about it.

I believe there is a way in yahoo, where posts have to be aproved before the are posted. With that type of forum, that is probably the only way to control what make it to the digest or e-mail. I agree it would be better to get Wilt and Dragon_Lady here. But the nature of the diegst and e-mail may be what makes them want to use Yahoo.

mkatts said:
But the nature of the diegst and e-mail may be what makes them want to use Yahoo.

You can get both here as well (digest and email). It is in your profile. Also, I believe Scott has mentioned the same that he can set this up without blinking.

I don't know why Wilt uses Yahoo, because this site does everything it does and more. Wilt's the only reason to check out the Yahoo group. It doesn't seem like there's any legitimate reason he's there . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts