Help! BEV Install in DFW

alakazoo

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Default BEV in Texas

Ok, folks, I have a serious problem. Let me first give you some background information. I have used my BEV in Dallas, Texas for 4 years with no problem. I left the area and just came back to realize that my BEV no longer works

Well actually, I can lock into Nimiq 82 and Nimiq 91 but when I lock on 91 I keep getting a random cycle between "Wrong sat" , "Bell expressvu - 91" on the install menu. I tweaked it and am still getting it even if I got the signal as strong as 98% (I got all parameters close to perfection). The thing is that when I watch tv, I keep getting it to work for anywhere from 1 second to 1 minutes and to stop anywhere from 4 seconds to 3 minutes. It cycles....

My assumption is that there are TWO satellite located in the same spot in the sky from where I am. DirectTV and an annoying DirecWay satellite (169', 51' elev).

My questions are as follow:

1. Do you guys think my assumption is right?
2. Doing to a larger dish would make any difference?
3. Any kind of filtering would help ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

:(

Rats... I was right... I was hoping I could possible get a little bit off signal so that I would not capture the other satellite and use a larger dish to amplify the signal. You know something like that... :(

When was the other satellite (I think it is a direcway) launched, because in the past I had no problem getting a full menu on my dish.

Anyone knows if StarChoice would work ?

Alakazoo

I installed BeVU in Boston, not activated yet. Need help!

SC DVR530 Timers WARNING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts