HELP, Coolsat 6000 Password reset

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rendered

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Hey guys I need you to help out this poor ignorant fool with this problem… (That is me of course) :D

Long story short I am planning to put together a C-band setup as cheaply as possible. I’ll start a new thread on the project when I get past my problem.:up

Anyway, step one was to find a cheap receiver. So I managed to get a Coolsat 6000 on ebay for 35$

I got her in the mail and everything was working fine until I tried to enter Installation settings at which point it told me I am not going to setup anything until I enter the 4 digit PIN. I thought no prob because I already downloaded the PDF manual from the forum, so I entered 0000 and it replied wrong wrong wrong wrong.:yikes

I download and installed from coolsat the original firmware and used the install tool provided by Shawn95GT http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/75197-coolsat-6000-premium.html

But even though everything appears to be reset the PIN password lock is not reset. I contacted the guy I bought it from and it has been a few days and I have not heard back yet. He may not know or remember.

So is there something I am missing in the firmware reset process or am I going to have to enter all 9999 possible combinations by remote :eek:

There has to be a way to reset EVERYTHING right?:what

Thanks guys, for whatever help you can provide.:up

In the manuals for the 4000, the 7100, and 8100 they all use "0000". I think I remember this coming up in the past, did you try the search function here for this model? Just for grins I will try to google it

Edit to add : Try "0103" according to some of the 'other guys' forums its a master password for CS..

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU!!!:clap

That did the trick turbosat!:up

I knew you guys would have an answer:cool:

You Guys ROCK:bow

After I got into the settings by entering 0103 I was able to test it with my KU setup and it works perfectly. Now I can move on to the next stage in my C-Band project! I’ll post a new thread soon.:)

The trillion dollar search engine

Glad that worked out, all I did was use google lol. The hacker forums guys had already ran into that problem before. Good luck with the box!

Hey, if anybody was wondering what I plan to use my Coolsat with, you can see here: My Transition into the World of C-Band!!! I hope.

Glad that worked out, all I did was use google lol.

I did a google search, but I guess I typed in lousy search terms.:rolleyes:

I got a 5000 for same price

Cool, I had my eyes on a 5000 before this one popped up.

BTW, does anybody know what the most up to date firmware for the coolsat 6000 is? I got ver: 1.00

It came with NORW ver 1.78 (probably hackware) but I reset it to coolsat's 1.00. I can't help but notice that I have less games then shawn95GT so I wonder what else might be out of date?

motor controller

I have one of those motor controllers, same box, Janiel I think, fine stand alone motor box, with memory. Use it outside when I'm tuning up my cband dishes.

1.00 is the latest for the 6000 at www.coolsatusa.com.
Ok if 1.00 is the latest then I am up to date since that is what I download from the coolsat site, although I still don’t know why I have less games?:rolleyes::(

NORW is most definitely hackware.
Yeah I figured that NORW was suspicious, that is what I would expect from EBay. But hey I am not complaining, when they can’t get it to steal signals anymore they act like it is useless which means low prices for me! :p:)

I have one of those motor controllers, same box, Janiel I think, fine stand alone motor box, with memory. Use it outside when I'm tuning up my cband dishes.

Oh, you mean that Houston tracker, That's great! I just hope the motor still works. I have not seen anything that makes me think it won’t.

In the manuals for the 4000, the 7100, and 8100 they all use "0000". I think I remember this coming up in the past, did you try the search function here for this model? Just for grins I will try to google it

Edit to add : Try "0103" according to some of the 'other guys' forums its a master password for CS..
omg my coolsat work whit 0103 tankz bro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)