Help--Directv HD Receiver and HR 15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

on2wheels

Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
I have a stand alone RCA (Directv) DCC210 HD receiver with no DVR. Rather than upgrading to an all new HR20 to get DVR, is there a way I can use the standard HR15 to record and then play through the HD set? Or somehow, use the HR15 with the HD receiver and TV set? I don't care whether the DVR records HD or not and I don't mind some switching back and forth between equipment or sources. I would just like to have the DVR and be able play it back through the same TV set even if it is standard TV. I don't get much HD anyway! Is it is possible? I now have the HD receiver connected directly to the HD TV by component and the audio through an audio receiver.

Or would I have to do a complete install of both receivers and then somehow switch them back and forth?

That said, I could use the HR15 on another tv in another room, but then how could I then playback on the HD widescreen?

(fairly electronically challanged.)

Thanks
on2wheels

(also posted on our HD forum)

Replace your HD receiver with the HR20-700 for $199 through D* and get the AT9 installed free so you can get the future MPEG4 broadcasts,800-531-5000 ask about upgrade offers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts