Help DirecTV Signal Integrity Team Investigating Me!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SkullV

Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I noticed on my DirecTV account that there were three sets of charges that should not be on there and I called to get them taken care of. After a long time and much arguing with them the "supervisor" on the phone told me there was nothing else she would do and that my account was under investigation by DirecTV's Signal Integrity Team.

They said the reason for this is because we have 23 active receivers in our one home (my friends and I all live in one house at college). Do I have anything to worry about? I have read horror storied on the internet about people getting sued for $100k+ and I do not want to even get into that. Everything is legit and all the receivers are on one property in one home. Should I be worried?

If you are legit, tell them to "put up or shut up" and do a truck roll to verify that all of the receivers are in the same house.

Ha, the stuff breaks so much that they have a tech out here weekly. We have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow!

If you have 23 receivers, and they are legit, you must have a huge bill, and should be more than understanding that they want to ensure all the receivers are used in your house.

If you have a multi-dwelling sitaution, like people renting rooms, or you have these 23 receivers in different locations (account stacking), then you got problems.

It is a fraternity house and we all pay a mortgage together. Is there anyone that I can talk to at DirecTV to end this problem now?

Sounds like you may be ok. You'll need to let the tech out and they'll make the call. They won't do anything without the tech onsite. They'll turn off your account if you don't let the tech review the receivers.

Ok, should I just call them now and ask them to have this tech tomorrow do an inspection?

I would expect your situation to be common enough that they should have an announced policy on whether a fraternity qualifies for classification as a single "family" residence or is instead a multiple dwelling unit.

Sounds like you may be ok. You'll need to let the tech out and they'll make the call. They won't do anything without the tech onsite. They'll turn off your account if you don't let the tech review the receivers.
Turning off the account for a customer with 23 recievers and an enormous monthly bill doesnt sound like a good business move to me. Of course harrassing that customer with no evidence for it doesnt sound too wise either.

It depends on the particular fraternity house. Some fraternity houses are owned by the University or a Landlord and they rent rooms. We own the house together and do not pay rent to anyone we just pay the bank the morgtage. I just want this to get taken care of ASAP.

I would not freak out or say anything more than simply answering whatever questions come your way. HONESTLY don't exaggerate or if you don't know say so and then refer them to the person that does. If anything, they may just want to make sure there is nothing going on that would make this a commercial acct need as opposed to its current state of residential.

Who's name does the 23 receiver billing go to? Why are they looking at just you? Is your name on all 23? The Frat should have this bill and each person should simply pay their part IMHO.

My name is on the account and everyone pays me. Like I said the members of the fraternity own the fraternity so I just decided to start up the account.

OUCH! That may just not go over so well. This is my opinion; so don't freak out. But at least now I can see why they have questions.

OUCH! That may just not go over so well. This is my opinion; so don't freak out. But at least now I can see why they have questions.

What in your opinion should I do to remedy this problem?

I am still confused as to why this is even an issue? We all live together in one home that we pay for. We do not pay anyone rent, and this is not a commercial establishment. There are no separate apartments just rooms of a house. We all get mail at one address and the house only has one phone line? I am just worried that this is going to end up in court when it seems like it is something that could be dealt with very easily.

Skull - what you just said is EXACTLY why they want to come onsite, and why you should let them. With that many receivers they worry that you are reselling their service.

I'd go to the D* web site and pull up the customer agreement and review it. I did a quick look and what I saw was saying for non commerical home use. You're in a strange situation and don't know how they're going to look at things. You're not a commercial establishment but saying you're a 'home' is probably pushing it. Unless everyones name is on the mortgage they may consider you an apartment type dwelling and say every apartment needs its own account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about RVs

Newer/smaller/better model than H20-600???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts