Question about RVs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Someone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I have a standard box that is currently collecting dust in my bedroom (no TV is attached), and am still paying the lease fee every month. I want to transfer that box to a motor home. Can I just hook the box up in the motor home? Do I need to call *D? What steps do I need to undertake?

Thanks in advance.

I have a standard box that is currently collecting dust in my bedroom (no TV is attached), and am still paying the lease fee every month. I want to transfer that box to a motor home. Can I just hook the box up in the motor home? Do I need to call *D? What steps do I need to undertake?

Thanks in advance.

There are many posts about RVing and tailgating throughout SatGuys but I guess it's possible that this exact question has not been addressed. The first thing you must do is hook up your "standard box" at home and confirm that it's working. You don't say if you have a D* dish in your RV but I assume you do as you'll need that. If your rec'vr works at home it should also work in the RV. Make sure you connect the coax to the rec'vr while it's unplugged from AC power. Power is backfed to the LNB from the rec'vr. HTH:cool:

If you do this, you will need to do a couple of things at home first.

Connect the receiver to one of your cables going into an existing receiver and turn it on. Let it go through it's checks and get to the "Authorization Expired" error message.

Call DirecTV with the information on the screen so they can reauthorize the receiver. Once you get picture, you can restore your original setup.

If the receiver doesn't see a signal from the satellite every 30 days or so, it loses it's authorization.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)