Help Dog6869 Choose between Directv and Dish Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But keep in mind that if there are HD Locals in your market, then you can record from the OTA tuner and both HD Sat tuners at the same time. So for me, I can record up to 3 HD LIL channels at the same time (Which comes in handy on Thursday nights). The DirectTV HD DVR will only record two programs at the same time if I recall correctly.

The DirecTV receiver can record 3 at a time if the 3rd program is VOD.

Video On Demand

Short story: you hook up your HR-20 to the internet, and then you can pick certain shows that aren't actually being broadcast at that time, but are stored on D*'s servers. Those shows are sent over the internet to your receiver, where they are stored on the hard drive for you to watch at your leisure.

Depending on the speed of your connection you can begin to watch downloaded shows shortly after the download starts.

Video On Demand

Short story: you hook up your HR-20 to the internet, and then you can pick certain shows that aren't actually being broadcast at that time, but are stored on D*'s servers. Those shows are sent over the internet to your receiver, where they are stored on the hard drive for you to watch at your leisure.

Depending on the speed of your connection you can begin to watch downloaded shows shortly after the download starts.

Thanks ONUOsFan.. I have one question can it be done wireless?? Also to use VOD does D charge you per movie/Show...

Will my D-TV HD DVR be able to record and show programming on the menu using the OTA antenna??
If you get an HR20, yes, but if you get an HR21, no. And just because you ask for an HR20, it doesn't mean you'll get one. The installer may show up with an HR21 and, if you object, claim that he has no control over what comes to him in the box. And that may be true. You'll just have to decide what to do, if this happens.

But maybe it won't be a problem.

Had both in the last 6 mo's.

Both DVR's are great, the ViP622 is SLIGHTLY better.

As far as general programming goes, both are good but D* just has the better offering right now and still has plenty of cap along with another sat going up. They are also going to be leading the HD lil rollout too.

If I had to choose today, Id stay with D*.

DirecTV satellite Strengths

Ok I have got D installed and it is up and running PIC is great but what should DirecTV satellite Strengths, be and what satts should I be seeing? any help would be use full
THANKS!!!!

The vast majority of the transponders should be in the upper 80's lower 90's. Some will be lower or zero, those are the spot beam transponders and vary depening on where you live.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)