Help finding my True South Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maccer

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Ok, need some reassurance. I'm in northeast Pa zip = 18447.my south sat is amc 5 i got my 197 compass setting and i did it right. i figured out my number on the motor to be 5.29w. My problem is 2 things, the elevation of the motor and that of the dish. I think it should be 41.4 for the motor and 42 for the dish but i have directions that say 35.4 and 24 respectively. my long is 75.6W and lat is 41.4N . ANY AID IS APPRECIATED.mac

With the SG2100 motor...

The motor elevation should be.....49 deg.
Dish elevation(when on motor)....24 deg.

And welcome to the forum nice to have you aboard :D

well its actually a pm900, regretting the sg100 already wish i knew better.Wouldn't the numbers be the same for both.

18447 - I knew that zip was familiar!

That is my old stompin ground kinda. Fiorelli's, Genetti Manor, Dickson City, Regal Room on Lackawanna Ave. I miss Kutsop's Kielbasi sooo much! *sigh* :(

=I accept care packages=

Its been like forever since I've been up that way.

Miss the summer concerts on Monatage Mt too.

Anywho.. enough about that....

According to the Pansat Manual: (page 2)
http://www.pansatusa.com/support/PM900.doc

You are correct! THe Motor Elevation is 35.4 (Scranton)
Dish angle of 24

Make sure you have the Dish angle set correctly. There should be little red line on the side of the bolt *TOWARD* the dish to set the dish angle)
(SEE ATTACHMENT PIC Below on my Winegard) Mine is set to 26.

The closer your MAST (that your motor is bolted to) is set to EXACT LEVEL(PLUMB) the easier the above settings will get you in the ballpark.

Set up your TP to any of the active below:

12177(H) SR 23.000
11805(H) SR 4.164
11738(V) SR 11.110

AMC5 sits at 185.1 COMPASS so once you get the angle set, then bump it hair at a time until you get good Quality. ( I forget which way left or right to compensate for magnetic deviation sorry)

Let us know when you get it!

Attachments

• declin.jpg
    declin.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 243
Here is a pic of the SG2100 elevation setting. I couldn't find a pic of the PM900 elevation scale.

Mine is set to 54.
elsg2100.jpg

Yours should be 35.4 roughly.

Found a PM900 image.

PM900.jpg

Good Luck!

I live in zip 18655 Shickshinny PA south of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Scranton is about 45 minutes away. I was told if its a SG2100 motor then the motor elevation should be 49 deg. and the dish elevation would be 24 deg.

PSB advised the same setting perviously in this post. Can you explain why there is a difference in the setting opinions?

I haven't gotten to try my dish setting at 49 and 24 yet but will in a day or two. Just like to know how you got the other settings since I live in the same general area. Would you mind explaining how you got ithe other settings to me?

Thanks and no offense PSB, just trying to learn as much as I can.

Motor mounts will usually have a latitude scale on one side of the bracket and elevation marked on the other. A common mistake is to confuse these scales. In your installation the motor latitude would be set to match your latitude of 41.1 degrees or if using the elevation scale calculate 90 degrees - 41.1 (your latitude) = 48.9 elevation. See the relationship between the two scales?

The dish elevation setting will be based on 30 degrees minus the declination angle based on your latitude (30 degrees - 6 degrees declination=) 24 degrees.

If you want to view the instructions that we send out with SG2100 motors please view this link http://www.adventistsat.com/downloads/InstallDiSEqC.pdf

Good luck with your install!

No offense taken TV fan we were talking two different models of motor, the angles I gave you were only applicable to the SG2100 not your PM 900 : )

I separated this thread from the "How to find your true south satellite" as its about the PM 900 not the SG2100? (Got to explain every time I moderate now!)

Thanks for the explanation. I'm easily confused. Can you tell? I've got a knock off FTA that came with realtively no understandable instructions. It's an sbox supposedly a canada version of coship 2300B. Was a gift from someone who thought they were doing me a favor. I can't get any help from anywhere so I'm just frustrated overall. I'm trying to learn as much as possible to get this thing working.

Now that I've found this site I think I will be able to get it going soon.

Great site, excellent help, and friendly people.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts