Help finding Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southtx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I live in Long.99w. I have the elevation,compass readings of the satellites in my area. I have been trying to find G10r again and satmex5, I set receiver to mentioned sat. frq.,and transponders as I have read in forum but still no quality. I have a fixed 36" fortec with kul-1 lnb and been manually trying to get them but no luck. I had marked G10r location previously but now I can't find it. It is cloudy today does that matter. I use a compass to find general area of satellite before trying to find manually.
Getting frustrated wonder if a motor is the easier way to go then trying to find this satellites manually. My south to NW is clear of any obstruction I know their are several satellites in that area but cannot find them. I also don't get indication on receiver of satellite that I am locked on. Is skew required for a single LNB. I have previously found AMC-3 and G25.

A cloudy day will not make much of a difference, a rainy day would.

LNB Skew is important if you are not using a motor, if you use a motor the dish will be tilted resulting in the correct skew.

A motor would be easier to use than manually turning the dish for each satellite but setting up a motor takes a lot of patience and trial and error.

What receiver are you using?

Thanks for your reply, I have a Sonicview 1000. I do skew the lnb as mention for each satellite but still no Quality. I will probably end up getting a Motor but want to lock into a satellite till then. Do Ku satellites displayed on upright corner of display screen on TV when locked in because the last time I found G10r I had 80% quality but no display.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)