Help! GT Media

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This part of your explanation should have been left out as it isn't accurate. All modern DBS dishes require fairly careful skew adjustment as they have to line up multiple satellites.
Well,no,what he said was correct.For multiple sat DBS dishes you are skewing the reflector and lnbf holder to see the multiple sats.The individual lnbfs don't need to skewed for their particular sat.Unlike a horiz/vert lnbf that needs a specific skew for a particular sat,either by twisting the lnbf or the entire dish.

Well,no,what he said was correct.
No, it wasn't. The statement was that DBS dishes don't require skewing and that's mostly false (as there are still some operational single slot dishes out there but most aren't installing fixed single slot dishes anymore). To be certain, the reasons and processes behind setting the skew are different but setting skew is no less important in DBS than it is in FTA.

Poor choice of wording on his part,but,he's talking about the "thingamabobs"and they are not adjustable for polarity skew.The DBS dish skew is for arc alignment not polarity
And as I don't wish to get into one of your endless back and forths,I'll end my participation in this polarizing subject.

Reactions: N6BY and FTA4PA
I stand corrected, sir. (I've always used a single-satellite DirecTV dish; to receive DirecTV.)
DIRECTV delcared the Slimline their base dish in 2012. The Phase III dishes (101W, 110W and 119W) were the baseline for quite a few years prior.

Because the Slimline employs Ka band in addition to Ku band, accurate dish skew is important even when only the 99W, 101W and 103W slots are involved.

Harshness, I do thank you for your helpful information. I'm on fixed income so it may be a while before I can order my actual FTA dish and eyeball thingamabob. But when I do I will definitely need help setting it up. Coz I have no idea how to get skew and elevation in order to find satellites. Again thanks to everyone who's offered helpful information to me.
Happy New Year to everyone!!!

And Happy New Year to you (and everyone else) too!
I got my dish and receiver back in early 2000, when I was driving truck. I upgraded when they changed encryption systems, and introduced HD programming. Never upgraded to the multi-satellite, oval-shaped dish. It worked for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts