Help & Guidance in getting DirecTV Part 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhilaLogan

Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Hi I posted a previous thread listed and I cant post on it because its too old so im making a new thread. Here is what the old posting said, listed here..... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34571

PhilaLogan said:
Hi to all. I have a few questions and some guidenece if any can be given.

I live in an association of apartments and condos and we all are offered free "basic" cable. The reason I say "cable" is because its not really cable that we are recieving, but satellite. Its from a company called Peoples Choice Cable that lets you view satellite tv without needing a converter box, you just plug the coxal (i think its called) plug into the back of the tv. Recently someone in the household contacted People's Choice in regards to getting service with DirectTV so we could get more stations. They said this is possible but in order for this to be done we would first HAVE to purchase the equipment from them. The first box is $100, 2nd is $50, 3rd is $25, and so on. There is no way for any type of promotions they have like the 4 rooms for free special that DirectTV has. Also if I want to get the Direct TiVo box that would be $150.00 instead of the $99.99 then $50.00 after rebate. If im not mistaken they said if you do bring your boxes, which someone else said you cant, you will still be charged the same price as if you were to buy the boxes. I think if you buy the boxes they dont charge you a activation fee but if you dont buy the boxes then they charge you activation fees which is the $50, $35, and $25. I am very confused by all of this it doesnt make sense to me. Can't I just bring my own box or call directv and get a access card and be all set? I hope I explained myself well and if there are any questions please respond. Thanks!

Well its been more than a year since I last posted a response in this thread. I still don't have DirecTV. I couldnt justify paying for the boxes from them. A few months ago I bought a DirecTV D10 box off of ebay thinking I could just buy the receiver and just get service activated, but I never got the box to pick up a signal. Does anyone know why this might be? From my understanding they, People Choice Cable, say that the technician is only coming to setup the boxes. Maybe its the type of box im using? Shouldn't any box be able to work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Earthlink VOIP and Directv HDTIVO

AT-9 Mounting Plate Size?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)