Help identify my LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beatle0974

Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Hey everyone,

Been long time reader, but never posted. Here be my first one.

This will be my first stab at FTA, and bought myself a 33" dish. I also have a viewsat extreme to play with. But to get the setup right, I need to know what I have, and most of this stuff is pretty greek to me :)

So my LNB has the following info on it.

Model CA 2008
I.F. - 11.7 - 12.75 GHZ
LO - 10.75 GHZ
Noise 0.3db

That pretty much it.

The viewsat config for the sats has either Standard or Universal.
Just wondering which I would use. From what I've read, mine is Standard. But really unsure.

Thanks alot!

that is a universal circular LNB....it is mainly produced for picking up both 118w and 119w on the same LNB....

Mikey11 said:
that is a universal circular LNB....it is mainly produced for picking up both 118w and 119w on the same LNB....

Universal Circular is certainly confusing terminology! The LNBF actually is a circular polarity type LNBF that uses a LO frequency of 10750 to cover an increased frequency range of 11.7 to 12.75GHz.

Additional Information: This LNBF will not pick-up 97w linear signals. Either pop the cap and remove the dielectric slab or purchase a linear KU-band LNBF similar to the GEOSATpro SL1 .

Last edited:
Universal Circular is certainly confusing terminology! The LNBF actually is a circular polarity type LNBF that uses a LO frequency of 10750 to cover an increased frequency range of 11.7 to 12.75GHz.

Additional Information: This LNBF will not pick-up 97w linear signals. Either pop the cap and remove the dielectric slab or purchase a linear KU-band LNBF similar to the GEOSATpro SL1 .

Thanks to SatAv and Mikey 11 for the info, and my apologies to beatle if I gave him a bum steer. :)

You guy's rock. Although the information you've provided is not what I wanted to hear :)

I guess I will pick myself up a proper LNB. Man was I getting frustrated. I found it odd that at one point, I did pickup one of the Echostar signals.

Beatle

No worries Phlatwound, it was a good exercise for me, and now there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SV-360 Normal Signal & No Quality

How many inputs does your TV have? Anybody with a full house?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)