Help installing 2nd dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icantcuz

Original poster
May 17, 2008
Hi, I'm trying to install a second 3 LNB dish, for the purpose of having a second tuner. I believe the dish has been installed correctly, but now the box is throwing this jargon at me that Im not understanding. The model number is R15.

First it says.

For additional dishes set the options below to indicate what equipment you have installed.

My options are 72.5º dish installed or not installed or 95º dish installed or not installed.

so whats the difference?

You shouldn't need a second 3LNB dish to add an R15 DVR...unless you are already using all 4 tuners from the dish.

More details on your current setup are needed to be able to help you.

The two sats that the receiver is talking about are NOT visible with the 3LNB dish...it points to the 101/110/119 orbital locations.

You shouldn't need a second 3LNB dish to add an R15 DVR...unless you are already using all 4 tuners from the dish.

More details on your current setup are needed to be able to help you.

The two sats that the receiver is talking about are NOT visible with the 3LNB dish...it points to the 101/110/119 orbital locations.

Yea all 4 tuners on the original dish are already taken. This dish is being hooked up just for more tuners.

So the only thing that should matter is that the second dish is installed correctly if my thinking is correct. I just set the box up for 2 tuners, and the box isn't going to know the difference between the two signals right?

Yea all 4 tuners on the original dish are already taken. This dish is being hooked up just for more tuners.

So the only thing that should matter is that the second dish is installed correctly if my thinking is correct. I just set the box up for 2 tuners, and the box isn't going to know the difference between the two signals right?

Okay, I think I see the problem. You are correct on your assumptions, but I'm guessing that you made the mistake during the setup of the receiver by telling it that you added an additional dish. In this case, you do not need to do that. The setup you're describing is basically a standard install...the receiver you're adding does not need to know about the other dish. If your dish is installed and aligned correctly, all you will need to do is reset the receiver to factory defaults and then go through the guided setup for the 3 LNB dish. Do not choose the additional dish options.

On a side note, I'm curious as to why you added the second dish instead of going with a multiswitch.

Okay, I think I see the problem. You are correct on your assumptions, but I'm guessing that you made the mistake during the setup of the receiver by telling it that you added an additional dish. In this case, you do not need to do that. The setup you're describing is basically a standard install...the receiver you're adding does not need to know about the other dish. If your dish is installed and aligned correctly, all you will need to do is reset the receiver to factory defaults and then go through the guided setup for the 3 LNB dish. Do not choose the additional dish options.

On a side note, I'm curious as to why you added the second dish instead of going with a multiswitch.

I read up on them, and that was my first choice. But then a buddy told me he had an extra dish so I figured I would save some cash and just use that instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts