Help Me!! DP 44 switch (is this how is get cbs hd from dish

tauho6

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
I got an hd reciever dishpro 811 in order to recieve cbshd they tell me I need a 44 switch. What is this and how do I install it, it is difficult? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hi welcome to the site :welcome

First can you tell me what dish you currently have now? they may be wrong, but probably are right if it's a superdish.

If you're using a superdish, the DPP44 is a bigger version of the DP34 switch that's currently being used on your sytem.

The switch is very simple, the DPP44 takes, the DP34's place and an extra satellite dish is put up and connected to the fourth port of the DPP44

I have 2 dishes on the roof, I know one they just installed is the 500, I am not sure about the other.

Was the second dish for the new HD?

Where do you live? northeast, florida, south texas, any of those places?

Well anyways since it's not a superdish, you don't need that DPP44 switch, or really do anything at all. If you're eligible for CBS-HD, that second dish is already point at a place that can receive it.

can you go to one of the working receivers and press ( menu 6-1-3) it will take you to system info on line ( h ) it will tell you what type of LNB you have and Switches on line ( a ) it will tell you what satellites you looking at right now.
can you tell us what it is. that way we can answer your question much better then now

Last edited:
how many receivers do you have?

If there is more than 2 (or they're dual tuner units) the DPP44 is easier for the installer.

Yes they came and installed the 2nd dish so that I could get cbs hd and the voom channels, I can not get them. when I called dish, they said I needed this 200.00 44 switch to get them.

oh ok. You don't need both the dish 1000 and that 500, wonder why they did that. where are you located and do you subscribed to any foreign channels?

Are you in the eastern/central or pacific mountain?

CBS-HD West for people living in pacific mountian time zones and that qualifiy for it is available on the dish 1000 on channel 6307

Sounds like they installed a D1000 for 129/119/110 but CBS HD is on 61.5/148

They should have installed a D500 & D300.

He can use what he has. Just unhook the line for the 129 and hook the D500 LNB to it. That will give him 110/119/61.5

I am in central time zone. I have lines going from both the 500 and 100 going into the house.

If you want to do it, you just take the cable that is coming from the dish 500 bring it into the dish 1000, when you unscrew the LNB from the arm, you'll see a single connection by itself, that is the satellite in port and there you go.

when I first called them (dish) they said that the techs had the dish pointed at the wrong satelite, they set up service call, the tech then called me and said that in order to get cbshd I had to have a 44 switch. They wouldn't even come to my house. Do I need this switch?

WJMorales said:
I have a Dish 500 for 61.5. My parents have a Dish 300. You can use either a Dish 300 or 500 for the wing satellites.

Over two years ago, my installer put a D500 up for 61.5. He said Dish is doing away with the D300 and they are to use the D500 for single sat installs. Only one side has an LNB on it, the other side is empty.

As for the original poster's problems, sounds like the installer didn't hook the system up completely (should have added the switch). If you are trying to get CBSHD from 61.5 only, Dish may be able to charge you for the switch. If you have any local channels on 61.5, Dish is suppose to supply all hardware for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts