This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help me with making additions to my setup...

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
My current setup:
Dish 500 Pro Plus. 2 dishes (61.5 + 110/119)
1 VIP 622
TV1: Living Room HDTV
TV2: Upstairs bedroom
Two cables coming from 110/119 Dish. Cable one is going into combiner/switch which outputs one coax to the 622 and one coax to TV2. Cable two is just sitting there not hooked up. Installer said "Just in case you add another reciever in the future, the line is already here".

My proposed setup:
Addition of another HDTV and HD receiver in the basement. Current setup should remain as is.

So what would I need for this? Of course I need a new box, but if I decide to get a dual tuner HD DVR for the basement (without it supporting a TV2), will that one cable (Cable two) that is available suffice? How about if I get a single tuner HD box?

Thanks in advance

Yes, all you have to do is hook it up, of course you need to take the one cable and split it into 2 for dual tuners.

Yes, all you have to do is hook it up, of course you need to take the one cable and split it into 2 for dual tuners.

So if I throw one of these on my available cable from the dish (Cable 2), I should be fine. (As long as i'm not feeding a TV2)

Yes all you need is to continue your in coming wire to where you new receiver will be, Plug that wire into your seperator "ONLY if using DVR" then you need the 2 small feeds to your satellite input 1 and 2. and your Done

If using a Vip 211, You can just take the spare wire and plug it right in your receiver. But Vip 222,612,622 and 722 Needs the seperator or else you won't have the ability to watch 2 different programs on 2 different tvs.
With an exception to the 612 which only serves 1 room, But you won't be able to record and watch something else at the same time without the Seperator.