Help more than 6 tvs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sethdavidsdad

Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Ark
Ok I'm currently on dish thinking of switching to direct. I want the media center and 5 hd receivers. I also have a additional few tvs that rarely get used. Right now I have those other tvs hooked up thru my central location and all receive the same feed. Just have extra remotes. My question is how is the best way to do this thru direct. The other tvs don't have hd and don't need access to media center. Can I buy one standard receiver to feed all the other tvs and use a rf remote? Cheap way is preferred these tvs rarely get used but I don't want to drag boxes around when they do get used.

The D12 does not have the RF ability. You would have to use and HD receiver and just set it up with a modulator for ch3 out. Or do IR repeaters in all those rooms.

Cheapest way I can think of. RCA output of one of the receivers going into a VCR. Turn on VCR and put it on L1 or L2 or whatever the RCA input on your VCR is called. Take note of the output channel of the VCR. Connect the coax output of the VCR to the coax feeding these other rooms. Note, the coax carrying the VCR out can't be the same coax carrying the SWM (DirecTV) signals so you'll have to figure which room you will want the VCR in such as a room that has multiple coax lines to it or is closest to the other spare tv sets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)