Whole home debackule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tazmanian

Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Ohio
Ok guys am I stupid or what.....here is my question. I had direct and thought I was going to go to cable but they at TW are still in the dark ages not to mention crappy service. I dumped them almost right away and reconnected my DTV service (which I had not told DTV in case that happened)and accidently put my dvr's in different locations. This is where it gets interesting. My IPAD app , and what each client and DVR are seeing as far as the networked dvr, client box are different than what I actually named the unit. I have tried renaming them and totaly rebooting all the boxes but I seem to be chasing my tail on this one.

So if you rename a dvr hd box ect and it takes at the unit why does it not update accross the network or on the IPAD app. I even took the app off and reinstalled it but it still remembers the old names....a little help please.I have hd-24 and HD25 client boxes. Are they the latest ones ?
thanks

Last edited:
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Since I don't have mrv, I can't help you out, but I'm sure someone else will be able to.

For everything involving communication with D* via the internet such as scheduling programs on your PC for recording on your receivers and phone apps, the name of your receivers is what is listed on your equipment profile in your Account Overview tab on your DirecTV login. On this page you will see your equipment type and receiver ID and "location". Click on the "update" area to change these. This is the location you will see referenced when you use you PC or phone to schedule a recording. Apparently you changed the name on the receiver, but failed to change the names on the website. Update things there with the names you have on your receivers and you will be golden.

BobStokesbary said:
For everything involving communication with D* via the internet such as scheduling programs on your PC for recording on your receivers and phone apps, the name of your receivers is what is listed on your equipment profile in your Account Overview tab on your DirecTV login. On this page you will see your equipment type and receiver ID and "location". Click on the "update" area to change these. This is the location you will see referenced when you use you PC or phone to schedule a recording. Apparently you changed the name on the receiver, but failed to change the names on the website. Update things there with the names you have on your receivers and you will be golden.

Shouldn't they update automatically? I have renamed receivers (H24) from the receiver but I don't recall doing it from the website and everything appears correctly on my iPad. I don't recall renaming a DVR though. Maybe they are different?

Shouldn't they update automatically? I have renamed receivers (H24) from the receiver but I don't recall doing it from the website and everything appears correctly on my iPad. I don't recall renaming a DVR though. Maybe they are different?

The names on the receivers for MRV have absolutely nothing to do with the names on the app.

The MRV names (the ones in the receiver) are for short identification, its broadcast in the udp traffic internally, it never goes to direct.

the names in the app ater what the names are online in directvs system. the app polls directv online, then gets and correlates serial numbers.

what I would do, take your ipad to each room, name the room whatever it is in the receiver, then grab the serial number, go to directvs website and update the location there. do this for each room, shouldnt take more than 15 mins.

It sounds nice to think that things would sync automatically, but I doubt this is in the cards for some time. This would assume that your receiver can talk to the internet at all times. All your app and PC record requests come over the satellite (not via an internet hookup) and I am very glad they do since I did not have a functioning internet connection for some months after my install. But, I was able to use my phone app for scheduling recordings during this time. Moreover, I take our bedroom HR24 along on our RV trips and am very glad that my phone app will allow me to schedule recordings on my "bedroom" receiver when we are on the road.

On edit: I see I sort of duplicated ShadowEKU's post. I didn't see his message on page 2 before I added my post. Message is still the same.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone this really helps I will try the web site first since that is the easiest and if that does not work I will reset the router to defaults. I knew you guys would give me a fresh pair of eyes on this Thank you !

Ok guys am I stupid or what.....here is my question. I had direct and thought I was going to go to cable but they at TW are still in the dark ages not to mention crappy service. I dumped them almost right away and reconnected my DTV service (which I had not told DTV in case that happened)and accidently put my dvr's in different locations. This is where it gets interesting. My IPAD app , and what each client and DVR are seeing as far as the networked dvr, client box are different than what I actually named the unit. I have tried renaming them and totaly rebooting all the boxes but I seem to be chasing my tail on this one.

So if you rename a dvr hd box ect and it takes at the unit why does it not update accross the network or on the IPAD app. I even took the app off and reinstalled it but it still remembers the old names....a little help please.I have hd-24 and HD25 client boxes. Are they the latest ones ?
thanks

So guys I did try all of your suggestions but what I did was:

Default all boxes to factory settings
look at account online and named box according to serial number the same name as on web site
Violllaaa !!!!!!!!!!!
all is good in DVR land. My only wish now is that it would let you set the two client boxes to default record to just on of my two DVR's and not one each but hey this will work. I just have to keep the 5 year old from hitting recoed on his remote and all will be nervana.

Thanks for all the help gentelmen !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)