Putting up a dish at a second home

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
So I used to use this forum a bunch about 12-13 years ago but as my career moved along and my family grew I kinda let the Dish Network and later on Directv techs take over my TV viewing. However, I have returned hoping for some information.

I currently have DirecTV and would like to install a Box at a second location a few miles down the road from where I live. Is it still as easy as putting up a DirecTV dish at the second location, Adding a box to my account, installing it at the second location, and you are up and running? I believe my setup now includes only one box actually connected to a DVR server with all the other satellite boxes connecting to that box wirelessly. So I guess what I am asking is, what satellite box do I need to add to my account in order to get a system working in a second location?

So I used to use this forum a bunch about 12-13 years ago but as my career moved along and my family grew I kinda let the Dish Network and later on Directv techs take over my TV viewing. However, I have returned hoping for some information.

I currently have DirecTV and would like to install a Box at a second location a few miles down the road from where I live. Is it still as easy as putting up a DirecTV dish at the second location, Adding a box to my account, installing it at the second location, and you are up and running? I believe my setup now includes only one box actually connected to a DVR server with all the other satellite boxes connecting to that box wirelessly. So I guess what I am asking is, what satellite box do I need to add to my account in order to get a system working in a second location?
We need more info ...

What recvr are you currently using at your home now ?
What dish are you using ? (both these can be found in the Info screen in the menus).

If you don't have a HS17 (Genie2) at home you can do it ...

I would get the same dish and LNB that you use at home to put up at the other location, it'll make it all easier.
I would recommend a HR24 for the new location if you don't have a HS17 at home.

Make sure you get a SWM dish/Lnb set up.

Good catch Claude,
I forgot to mention that, was going too ...

DSpud,

Your going to want to add the recvr that you need to your home account and activate it, this way the activation is done and you KNOW it's working.

Then move it to your location of choice.

Like I said, I would match the dish and LNB with your existing one at home, it just makes it easier if it needs to be moved from one residence to the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts