Help my big screen is green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racerlogan

Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Bailey, CO
So the other day i watching my mits ws-55805 55 inch and I noticed that there was some green smearing on the screen. I have had the red and blue chips replaced about 6 months ago and thought it might be the same thing.
The local TV repair man came by and gave me the bad news.... the green tube is going out and Mits does not make them anymore.

Has anybody herd this before? I need to replace the tube but I may be forced into buying a new TV because i can't get the parts.

Any Ideas.

Thanks

How old is the display?

You can check around, even online, but yes, some things just fade away out of production.

Last edited:
Its 6 years old. You would think that it should last longer than 6 years. If I have to buy a new I'm not sure if I should stick with a rear projection or a DLP. I guess I need to do a little research on the subject.

Racerlogan said:
Its 6 years old. You would think that it should last longer than 6 years. If I have to buy a new I'm not sure if I should stick with a rear projection or a DLP. I guess I need to do a little research on the subject.

I think there's a 10 part manufacturing minimum on products sold in the U.S. If you can't find a part, you might still find a solution.

I found the picture tube from Mits. 250.00 dollars. Not bad. Has anybody replaced one of these? I called another TV repairman...300.00 buck to come out an install it.

there killing me.

250 + 300 $550 No Way and no guarantee the tube will work?

$1900 can get you a brand new, top quality, name brand 250" HD- FPTV with screen I'd start looking for something new.

Id like to see the 250" POS. LOL!! :)

so $550 for repair? and that is only for 1 of the 3 guns. Unless you are really in love with your set, I recommend cutting and running.

Best of luck!!

Gregg

Racerlogan said:
I found the picture tube from Mits. 250.00 dollars. Not bad. Has anybody replaced one of these? I called another TV repairman...300.00 buck to come out an install it.
there killing me.

I've replaced more CRTs than I can remember. I'll concur with everyone else. It's a really good excuse to buy a new HDTV.

Gregg Loewen said:
Id like to see the 250" POS. LOL!! :)
Gregg

POS? Man you got balls calling people's hardware $h1T and show you lack of knowledge of what the industry has available.

It is an industry recommended PLV-Z series on a 133" (due to my throw limit) Da-Lite HC Matte Screen and it is stunning from 106" to 250". Your credibility takes a huge hit IMHO.

Last edited:
charper....chill out a little bit.

The z4 is a great little projector. With a 133" screen size you are already past its sweet spot (based on 1000 lumen output). At 250 " (or 21 ish feet), you are asking for a miracle to be able to make out a viewable image with this PJ.

Sorry for offending you, but I "thought" you were joking when you mentioned $1900 for a 250" image. I dont think you could spend $19,000 and get a viewable image at 250 ".

As a general rule of thumb, try to keep consumer grade home theater projectors at under 8 feet. 10 feet is doable sometimes, depending on lumen output, screen selection, and total control of ambient room light.

Regards

Gregg

Sanyo PJ

I found this review to help provide evidence to my post:

Very long 2.0x zoom range: The zoom range allows a 100" 16:9 image to be displayed anywhere between a 9.8 and 20.0 foot throw distance. This combined with the lens shift capability makes the Z4 adaptable to a wide variety of installation challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)