Help needed HR21-100 brand new

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vev46

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
West Virginia
I thought I had read enough to finally attempt to install my new HR21-100. I bought a new one, as well as a new 5LNB SWM for my SlimLine dish. So today I tweaked my dish BEFORE swapping the old LNB and my H20 receiver. My understanding is that with only one DVR, only the power inserter is needed, according to the instructions that came with my PI-21 inserter. The inserter port labeled "Power to SWM" goes to my SWM 5LNB using RG6 through a grounding block, and the port labeled "Signal to IRD" goes to the one labeled "SATELLITE IN 1 (SWM-2)", also with RG6. Access card was inserted, I powered everything up, but during setup, all signal levels were 0 on all satellites. I rechecked my cables, measured the voltage at the LNB (20.45V). The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is if I used the correct port on my HR21-100. Could it be that I'm unlucky enough to have a bad LNB? Is there a way to check it? The cable lengths (approx) are as follows: Power inserter to LNB, about 30 ft. Power inserter to DVR, about 80 ft. I'm at a loss right now, so I'm going to change back to my H20 & old LNB until I get some answers.

What were your signal strengths after you tweaked the dish?
And after the LNB replacement?
Not sure what the SWM-2 means in your quote "SATELLITE IN 1 (SWM-2)".

Signal strengths were mostly in the 90's & 80's. "SATELLITE IN 1 (SWM-2)" is the exact way the left port is labeled (as you look at the back of the DVR). The port to the right of it is labeled "SATELLITE IN 2". I returned my setup to the H20 & old 5LNB and all's OK as it was before, so I know the dish is correctly aimed.

I asked about the SWM-2 because my HR20-100 has Satellite In 1 labeled as (SWM).

I'll have to let others who have experience with SWM continue this thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)