Help Needed !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tecrambo

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Can some please tell what really is my problem ? Awhile ago lighting hit my C-Band satellite dish and I lost all my signals but was able to get back my vertical channels but I just can't seem to get back my Horizontal W3 channels (There is a signal coming in but I can't get a lock on it). I don't know what to do I have change every part that I can think of. One more thing since this moring when it rains I lost all signal.What can be the problem.:(

parts

What all did you change out? Sounds like lnb may be damaged, nnd/or the polarity motor on the feedhorn. What kind of feedhorn/lnb combo are you using?

Well I have changed my LNB, Feedhorn and the cables. I am currently using a Dual Feedhorn and a High stability 20 Degree C-Band LNB which I brought from Skyvision.Do you have any recommendations for a different LNB.I was using a Norsat LNB before I made my changes.Do you think that can be the problem.

more

Do you mean a dual-c-band lnb type feedhorn, or a c/ku feedhorn? Either way, I'm just trying to find out if you have a polarotor that has died, or is dying. Best way is to try tuning while somebody is out at the dish, watching the probe inside the feedhorn throat(take the cap off, and have somebody watch inside as you change from V to H).
Norsat makes great lnbs, I don't know what kind you have now, but if it's listed as high-stability it should be ok.
What kind of receiver are you using?

Thanks for the reply. It's a Dual-C-band LNB type feedhorn and the receiver that I'm using is a Motorola 4DTV DSR922.Oh by the way the LNB that I'm using is a Precision.I just notice that the vertical is breaking up.

If it's a Dual C-Band feedhorn, you should have 2 C-Band lnb's on it...?

If it's a Corotor2 feedhorn, it will have one C-Band lnb, and one Ku-Band lnb...?

I do have two C-Band LNB on the Feedhorn one for vertical and one for Horizontal.

If it worked before and nothing else changed, I would suspect one of the lnbs. Does it work properly and get both H and V on ANY satellite since the strike?

Well it does work properly to a point for instance on W5 vertical and Horizontal shows but the vertical channels are much stronger.

Try switching the two lnbs around, if your verticals go out and your horizontals come back in than it is an lnb. If there is no change than you know both lnbs are fine and the problem is either wiring or reciever or switches(if you have any).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts