Help Newbie ?'s

Despo21

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
I just had Voom installed, and I have two questions that if someone could help me with it would be great. The first I am getting the access Card error ca009 on Food and HGTV only, I have read that others have had this problem, so I called voom they hit the box, still till no food or hgtv, they said they have had this problem since the new update and no fix yet and that I need a new box?. If anyone has had success please help me out. The Second is the OTA Antenna, When I scan the channels they show from 95-99 in signal strength, but some of them don't display and say no signal, Do I need to change the direction of the Antenna. Again I have learned a lot here and I thank you in advance.

Welcome aboard!
1. Check your software version (HELP-INFO). If it's Nep:620 or earlier, you won't be able to tune to Food and HGTV until you are upgraded to 726. If you are on 726, call VOOM and ask them to re-initialize your box.
2. When you tune to OTA channels manually in the Installation Wizard (is that where you are checking the signal?), make sure to enter RF numbers, not channel numbers.
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)