Help! No signal on most channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I am having a problem with my dish system today. I have three recievers, all with same symptoms so I assume it's the satellite portion. I can get signals on certain channels (ESPN, local channels), but not the vast majority of the channels. I have tried resetting the recievers, but that didn't help. Beyond that I'm lost. Any thoughts?

I am having a problem with my dish system today. I have three recievers, all with same symptoms so I assume it's the satellite portion. I can get signals on certain channels (ESPN, local channels), but not the vast majority of the channels. I have tried resetting the recievers, but that didn't help. Beyond that I'm lost. Any thoughts?

go to menu 6-1-1 and check the signal on both 110 satellite and 119 satellite... if signal is under 60, you need to get the dish re-alligned or a tree may be blocking the signal

Signal on 110 is 77. There is no signal on 119. That sounds like a problem. What now?

the dish is likely out of align. you can try to aim it yourself...put it on 119 on the point dish screen, and have someone yell out the window to you (or call you on your cell) as you SLOWLY pull the dish right, left, up, down. see if a signal appears, and go that direction with it. tighten it down securely.
or, like i always say...call dish!

So my only option is to call Dish? I "moved". Do i need to call and switch the service address back to my actual address before I call Dish for service?

you could call a local retailer for service
they won't care where you live ...just that the check clears

check the signal strengths transponders 14,15,16, &21 on both the 110 and 119.

If you are getting 77 on 110-14 and 0 on 119-14 (and there aren't any line of sight issues) then the lnbf might have gone bad.

do you have a switch in your system?

I've had the exact same issue twice. I unplugged all receivers for 30 minutes at the same time and after plugging them back in everything worked just fine. Good luck!

check the signal strengths transponders 14,15,16, &21 on both the 110 and 119.

If you are getting 77 on 110-14 and 0 on 119-14 (and there aren't any line of sight issues) then the lnbf might have gone bad.

do you have a switch in your system?

Yes, I think I have a switch. I did the "Check Switch" and it said it wasn't seeing the same satellite configurration as before, do you want to set to the new configuration? which I cancelled out of.

What is an lnbf?

Yes, I think I have a switch. I did the "Check Switch" and it said it wasn't seeing the same satellite configurration as before, do you want to set to the new configuration? which I cancelled out of.

What is an lnbf?
is same as lnb on ouside of dish looks like white round eyes lol

u proplem might be in your recivers possibly switch also what switych do u have what model recivers waht dish type

is it same dish before u moved or did u have one on new location already ??

I am at work so I don't have my equipment info handy. Off the top of my head, I have 3 receivers one 622, one 222 and an old black one that I think is like a 322(?). Don't know the switch or the dish set-up, except that I have two dishes and one of them says 500 on it.

When i say I "moved" I didn't ever actually move the equipment, I just changed my service address. The equipment that is installed at my house now was put in by dish about 2 years ago, has never been changed or moved, and has been working perfectly until yesterday morning.

I am going to try the unplugging the receivers for 30 minutes thing when I get home tonight. Anything else I should try before calling Dish?

I am at work so I don't have my equipment info handy. Off the top of my head, I have 3 receivers one 622, one 222 and an old black one that I think is like a 322(?). Don't know the switch or the dish set-up, except that I have two dishes and one of them says 500 on it.

When i say I "moved" I didn't ever actually move the equipment, I just changed my service address. The equipment that is installed at my house now was put in by dish about 2 years ago, has never been changed or moved, and has been working perfectly until yesterday morning.

I am going to try the unplugging the receivers for 30 minutes thing when I get home tonight. Anything else I should try before calling Dish?
ok well this cleras it up some.. well id try few things 1st 1 is what u said try unpluging recivers for like 30 min replug.. 2, hold power button in for 10-15 seconds let it reboot. 3. do a ck switch.. also make sure in your settings that updates is cked to with out permission and make sure your recives have lastest updates/ current software..

Sounds like your set up is a 500 Dish with a 61.5 wing dish.. if thats the case you have to have a separate switch for the dishes because you have 3 receivers. if so, start by replacing the cables between the dishes and the switch. then if that doesnt work replace the lnbf tht picks up 119 (twin/dual/single). If that doesnt do it then replace the switch. Most likely its the cabling or a bad connector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)