HELP Nuvenio HD "Invalid Format"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skhara

Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Vancouver BC
I hit wrong button on one of thr av menu screen and now i get no picture on the screne. the sound works fine, i can change chanels and sound. but no picture and the menu screens are not apearing either.

All it says on the screne is"Invalid Format", I press menu key and nothing.

I turnrd unit off and on, i checked all tv settings and conections.:(:(

I can't get any thing on the screen at all. From all satellites

Every thing worked fine before,

I hit the "menu" botton on the remote
then went "input or av something and hit some thing with the source

and after that i got no more picture and "invalid Format" moving around the screne. the souind is stil working and i can change sound level and chanels.

if i hit guide or menu or any thing on the remote it does not apear on the screne.

i think i did some thing to change the formatt of the picture signal and it does not work.

How do i get back to where i was or restart and undo what i did.

I tried to power off the box, i tried to change things on th tv ( The tv remote works and i can get the tv menu's and make changes) the satellite box is the one that seems to not work.

i can play from my dvd no problrm.

Have you hit a Device Button on your Remote?
Most Remotes have other buttons for other devices, like:
TV = to control your tv
Aux = to control a VCR or DVD
VCR = to control a VCR or DVD
STB = to control the Satellite Receiver

Try pressing the STB Button and see if you can get your control back?
Just a thought, hope it helps, Good Luck!

Does the box support NTSC/PAL? Maybe you've switched it to PAL? And you have a newer television that doesn't support the PAL output format? Some TVs just display Black & White but perhaps yours doesn't?

Tell us this... Is this "Invalid Format" message appearing like it's coming from the NFusion on-screen interface itself, or from your televisions on screen display? (From the graphic appearance, is your TV complaining or is it the box?)

If all else fails, might be time for a factory reset... if possible without using the display.

"Invalid Format" - I'm wondering if that message is coming from the TV set and not the receiver.. Possibly the output was changed to PAL from NTSC?

Can you try hooking the receiver up to an old analog TV using a coax cable and not an HD set to see if you see a wavy/funny/stretched looking picture? Maybe you've got the HD box set into a mode that your TV can't recognize. If you can find an old analog TV, it may handle the 'invalid' format a little better - so that you can at least see the menus..

I've intentionally changed mine to PAL in the past, just to see what it would look like. I only have old analog CRT tv's, so I was still able to see enough on the screen to change it back.

I've set mine to PAL once and it showed as black & white with a rolling vertical pattern. Some newer tvs wont show anything but the tvs default screen for a wrong input/ unrecognizable format like a blue or black sreen. I wrote the commands from the remote that I would have to enter to change back to NTSC beforehand so that I could get it back.

If you can't figure it out reflash with factory software to see if it shows up properly again.

If you can try a different output from the STB to the TV try it. I once had a receiver that lost the composite video but the the S video and RF out still worked.

Most likely, you changed the format from 1080i to 720p....or something like that.

The simplest fix is to do what the guys above said: connect the nfusion to an old TV, using the RCA A/V jacks (yellow, white, red), although it's really only necessary to hook up the yellow one. Then, you can see the display well enough to go back to the menu and change back to the format that your HD TV wants (1080i or 720p, and NTSC.

I that doesn't work, then there's plan B:
I have a nfusion HD, and here is how you can change the AV output setting:

Turn on the nfusion
Wait about 20 seconds for it to boot up
press "exit" a few times
press "menu" once
press the down button once
press "OK"
press "OK"
Press the "right" button once and wait about ten seconds (This toggles the "TV Standard" between NTSC and PAL and MULTI

This will probably fix the problem, but if it doesn't then:
picking up from where you left off, press the down down button twice
press the "right" button once and wait about ten seconds (This toggles the Format between 1080i, 720p, and a couple more formats.

Good luck

Most likely, you changed the format from 1080i to 720p....or something like that.

The simplest fix is to do what the guys above said: connect the nfusion to an old TV, using the RCA A/V jacks (yellow, white, red), although it's really only necessary to hook up the yellow one. Then, you can see the display well enough to go back to the menu and change back to the format that your HD TV wants (1080i or 720p, and NTSC.

I that doesn't work, then there's plan B:
I have a nfusion HD, and here is how you can change the AV output setting:

Turn on the nfusion
Wait about 20 seconds for it to boot up
press "exit" a few times
press "menu" once
press "OK"
press "OK"
Press the "right" button once and wait about ten seconds (This toggles the "TV Standard" between NTSC and PAL and MULTI

This will probably fix the problem, but if it doesn't then:
picking up from where you left off, press the down down button twice
press the "right" button once and wait about ten seconds (This toggles the Format between 1080i, 720p, and a couple more formats.

Good luck
THANK YOU!!!

You were right, I did what you said and it worked.

Thanks so much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)