Status
Please reply by conversation.

ripio

Original poster
May 27, 2012
canada
HI To ALL,

Im new on Dtv world ,

I have a round dish , with 3dual legacy Lnb, (not the phase 3 lnb)
I already found the 101 119 bird, but i cant make together both signals on my D12-100 receiver,

I have a Ecoda (Ec-3134ST) multis switch , that i tried to put together 101 and 119 ,
on my D12-100 receiver setup i choose #2 sat option (3 lnb round 18) and multiswich option

i connect signal from 101 to input LNB B , test and i get 101 channels ok, then
i connect signal from 119 to input LNB A and immediatly i loose signal on many transporters ( 2-6-8-12-14-.......all par numbers)
and get error installation message

i need special multiswitch? if yes, which one
do i need another setup on my receiver?

thanks

you need a 22k switch. I dont know if what you have is that. I googled the number and didnt get any hits

101 goes to the 0k side
119 goes to the 22k side

tanks Iceberg for your fast answer

i dont know if i can copy and paste links here so

i will try to send you private msg with link of the multiswitch that i have and
another with may one you talk about

thanks

I didnt open the links but rollingover them it mentions a multiswitch. That is designed for operating 4 receivers off a single satellite spot (like 101W)

This is what you need....or something like it
a 22k switch.
The 2nd one you posted (the 4x4 switch) will work but is overkill as you have only one receiver. The 22k switch I linked to will work fine.

thaks Ice,

i will try to get a 22khz, you link did not work, but
i search on google and find some 22khz models,
so i order it

i will wait this week and post news

thanks again

technically speaking your lnb already has a multiswitch inside of it, hence the 4 ports, so it is ready for 4 receivers. the similar basic 18 inch dual lnb dish pretty much has a 2 way multiswitch inside of it, ready for 2 receivers..

if you have only one receiver you are not in need of a multiswitch at all. you would simply run all four cables to a ground block, which would basically just be a 4 port barrel connector that is rated for grounding. once grounded, you just cap off 3 of the barrel ports with weather caps and use the 4th port to connect to your receiver.

the only time you are in need of a multiswitch with your current dish is if you have in excess of 4 receivers.

the receiver uses voltage and frequency to switch birds. the 119 needs 22khz but your even and odd transponders are controlled by 13v and 18v, odd/even.

*edit* if you dont care about "rules" just run one line from the lnb straight to the receiver and wham there u go, just leave the other 3 ports open..

tanks guys!!!!!
today i found the time to finish my installs

everything is working great, tanks Ice!!!!!! the 22khz sw was just what i needed

tanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)