Help on 101 and 119, round dish and legacy dual LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ripio

Original poster
May 27, 2012
canada
HI To ALL,

Im new on Dtv world ,

I have a round dish , with 3dual legacy Lnb, (not the phase 3 lnb)
I already found the 101 119 bird, but i cant make together both signals on my D12-100 receiver,

I have a Ecoda (Ec-3134ST) multis switch , that i tried to put together 101 and 119 ,
on my D12-100 receiver setup i choose #2 sat option (3 lnb round 18) and multiswich option

i connect signal from 101 to input LNB B , test and i get 101 channels ok, then
i connect signal from 119 to input LNB A and immediatly i loose signal on many transporters ( 2-6-8-12-14-.......all par numbers)
and get error installation message

i need special multiswitch? if yes, which one
do i need another setup on my receiver?

thanks

you need a 22k switch. I dont know if what you have is that. I googled the number and didnt get any hits

101 goes to the 0k side
119 goes to the 22k side

tanks Iceberg for your fast answer

i dont know if i can copy and paste links here so

i will try to send you private msg with link of the multiswitch that i have and
another with may one you talk about

thanks

I didnt open the links but rollingover them it mentions a multiswitch. That is designed for operating 4 receivers off a single satellite spot (like 101W)

This is what you need....or something like it
a 22k switch.
The 2nd one you posted (the 4x4 switch) will work but is overkill as you have only one receiver. The 22k switch I linked to will work fine.

thaks Ice,

i will try to get a 22khz, you link did not work, but
i search on google and find some 22khz models,
so i order it

i will wait this week and post news

thanks again

technically speaking your lnb already has a multiswitch inside of it, hence the 4 ports, so it is ready for 4 receivers. the similar basic 18 inch dual lnb dish pretty much has a 2 way multiswitch inside of it, ready for 2 receivers..

if you have only one receiver you are not in need of a multiswitch at all. you would simply run all four cables to a ground block, which would basically just be a 4 port barrel connector that is rated for grounding. once grounded, you just cap off 3 of the barrel ports with weather caps and use the 4th port to connect to your receiver.

the only time you are in need of a multiswitch with your current dish is if you have in excess of 4 receivers.

the receiver uses voltage and frequency to switch birds. the 119 needs 22khz but your even and odd transponders are controlled by 13v and 18v, odd/even.

*edit* if you dont care about "rules" just run one line from the lnb straight to the receiver and wham there u go, just leave the other 3 ports open..

tanks guys!!!!!
today i found the time to finish my installs

everything is working great, tanks Ice!!!!!! the 22khz sw was just what i needed

tanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)