Help Please!! Cannot get G25 on Glorystar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

canadadee

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
I purchased a glorystar system last fall with the DVR reciever. I live on Manitoulin Island in Lake huron in Canada. When we first set the system up it all went fine, we recieved both AMC4 and IA5 (G25). About 2 months ago we lost all signal for G25. We have tried reaiming the dish but no signal registers. I have switched the 2LNB's to check it if was a broken or defective LNB but both work fine in AMC position. I have also replaced the wiring from the LNB to the DESQ switch and even replaced the DESQ switch. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Can anyone please let me know what I should try next?

Thanks
canadadee

Turn the receiver off with the switch on the back (or unplug it) disconnect the coax from the DISEqC switch and connect it directly to the G25 LNB. Turn the receiver back on and see if you get signal and quality without the switch. DISEqC switches are easy to damage. When they fail they usually will be stuck in one position. If the system works on G25 without the switch - then check to make sure the receiver is setup for the correct ports on the switch. If they are correct, then replace the switch with new one. Making sure the power is completely off on the receiver, not the soft off with the remote, hook up the new switch. Then plug the receiver back in and power up.
Good luck, we are here to help - so let us know how it goes.
Bob

Thanks for the info Bob, but we still cannot get G25, I bypassed the DISEqC switch and tested both LNB's, as you suggested, AMC came in fine but no G25, I switched ports for AMC and G25 in the satelite reciever set up (#1 and #2 LNB) as well but still no G25. Both LNB's are working fine as I have switched them and AMC comes in great on either of the LNB's. Could it be a problem in the reciever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)