Help please HD receiver keeps diconnecting from HD DVR.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

0pusX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
St. Joseph, MI
OK so last sunday my DECA Broadband Wireless adapter quit working at all. (It was the black one) No green lights at all.

DirecTV sent me a new DECA but its a long white one now.

Tech installed it for me yesterday and ever since the HD receiver (H24-200) in our bedroom keeps "disconnecting" from my HD DVR (HR24-100) in our living room making the playlist unavailable.

I have done resets on both and even did a procedure a tech told me about by pressing 0 2 4 6 8 "enter" on the first blue screen after a reset to d/l software.

Nothing has worked.

Any ideas??

OK so last sunday my DECA Broadband Wireless adapter quit working at all. (It was the black one) No green lights at all.

DirecTV sent me a new DECA but its a long white one now.

Tech installed it for me yesterday and ever since the HD receiver (H24-200) in our bedroom keeps "disconnecting" from my HD DVR (HR24-100) in our living room making the playlist unavailable.

I have done resets on both and even did a procedure a tech told me about by pressing 0 2 4 6 8 "enter" on the first blue screen after a reset to d/l software.

Nothing has worked.

Any ideas??

I'm not very familiar with the mrv setups, but it sounds like the new DECA is defective.

when you have the DECA; can you still manually assign static IP addresses? I wonder if you can have IP collisions with DECA? Not sure since I use the DIY (non-DirecTV) method.

Yes you can still do static IP with the Cinema Connection Kit (all receivers in the cloud pull DHCP off the router through the 'gateway' DECA). I really don't understand what the issue is (could be lease expiration and inability to renew for some reason), but I do see a common thread in that most people with disconnect issues use the CCK. I had the same issue myself until I assigned static IPs.

To assign Static IP's:

Menu > Parental, Fav's & Setup > System Setup > Network Setup > Advanced Setup

IP address should already have something like 192.168.1.123 filled in. Change the last set of numbers ONLY to a TWO digit number (for example 192.168.1.80). The rest of the fields should already be correct.

Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway should be the address of your router (Usually 192.168.1.1)
DNS is normally the router address, but could be different. Whatever it is, leave it alone.

Hit CONNECT NOW. It'll give you a connection status screen, and everything should read OK, Network: Coax Connected, Internet: Connected. If anything comes up FAIL or NOT CONNECTED, let us know.

Repeat this process on every one of your boxes using a different TWO DIGIT number for the end of the IP. (example 80, 81, 82, 83). The two digit number is very important, because routers begin assigning DHCP (automatic) IP addresses at 100. If you assign a static IP in the DHCP range, it is possible for the router to hand out a duplicate, which will cause problems for both devices with the same IP.

great explanation; I too (since day one) have used assigned/static IPs and have not had any of these issues either.

well it appears as though the problem was caused due to an actual issue with the DSL line itself. at&t did some troubleshooting with me and its fine now..............lets hope it stays this way!!!!

Issues with the DSL line shouldn't mean anything. The DSL is isolated from the receivers by the router. AT&T probably had you reboot the router, right? That will simply mask the problem for 2-3 days until the leases start expiring again. I highly recommend you set up the static IPs anyway.

I will follow that process then but is it normal that this had not been an issue since last Sept until just last week when I had phone/DSL line issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts