Help please to tune in Anik F2

cancuntester

Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Hi,
Can someone please give me some tips on how best to tune in Anik F2 and Anik F1 using 2 separate round dishes - not the *C elliptical dish.
I have searched the web and all I can find is instructions for aiming the elliptical dish.
I have the SC505 HD receiver only, which I have read somewhere is difficult to tune in satellites with ??? Can anyone confirm this ?
Thank-you

Here are my suggestions

Ok, i got a 505 up and running in Mexico City in a 2.40 meter dish for both sats with a switch, is pretty much the same installation that you intend.

First of all you need to align sat Anik F1, you should know by now that you need linear standard LNBs not the ones that are used for dish network nor the ones that are used for Sky mexico, once you have them you need to begin pointing the dish, tune to channel 299, then use the menu and go to installation settings, tune sat signal, and begin moving your antena (connect first, one antenna directly to the receiver) one thing you should know is that even there is no signal at all the bar wil show you about 19 to 20 points of signal so don't fall for that and think you have already found the sat. When you have found the sat, and get the most signal, remember that also you need to rotate the lnb (skew) to get more signal, when the bar is green you should began to see video in the little window on channel 299. Once you have a strong signal you should repeat the procedure now connecting the other dish only to the receiver on the same channel 299, once the signal it's locked there is no way to verify video on Anik F2 sat unless the receiver is activated, so you need to be shure that the you are not catching the same satellite on both antennas, once you have pointed both satellites then you need to connect both satellites using a 22KHZ switch and call SC for activation, once the receiver is activated you can verify channels on sat Anik F2.

One thing that was very difficult for me is that sometimes when i was pointing the dish on Anik F2, my satfinder registered good signal but the receiver showed nothing (the receiver is pretty slow to show changes when moving the dish so be patient and make slow movements) so what i did was a soft reset on the receiver (press power for 10 sec then release it) and return to installation menu and the bar then showed signal.

Hope this info helps.

Hi, I cannot help you with your problem, but where did you guys bought those 505 receivers?

I want to subscribe to SC, and I'm in Mexico city, I'm having a hard time finding the hardware(505 receiver) and a broker willing to subscribe me.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced.