Help please?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

penn

Original poster
May 7, 2008
Here is what have:

About a year ago I had Dish install there basic four room package. I have the dish 500 with 1 - 625 dual tuner and 1 - 322 dual tuner for a total of 4 tv's. My goal is to install a new 322 dual tuner for a total of 6 tv's but the installer used diplexers and after reading through some archives here I found that I would need to purchase a DPP44 which I have as well as some seperators, Which leads me to now.. I've pulled out all the diplexers and installed my DP44 switch. Both tv's where the recievera are works great but I cannot get the remote (TV2) to work. I'm sure I probably have something hooked up wrong. Right now I have a seperator installed in my closet going to the DPP44 and also one behind the tv. (Sat1 goes to Sat1 and Sat2 is going to TV2) Is this correct? I haven't even gotten to installing the new 322 yet, still trying to get the original four working. Hope I didn't confuse anyone... Thanks in advance for any help!

Joe

Put the diplexers back the way they originally were. Plug the SAT side of the diplexers to the outputs on the 44 switch.

Thanks Ward! Getting closer I think.. I now have TV1 working perfect and have a picture on TV2. Only problem I'm having now is TV2 (Remote) is snowy. I have diplexer and seperators installed on 44 switch and behind receiver, is this correct? Really not sure which tv should goto in\out and which one should goto UHF\VHF.

tv2 goes to uhf/vhf. There was no reason to remove the diplexors with the dpp44 switch. Put them back how they were and just add the 3rd receiver.

tv2 goes to uhf/vhf. There was no reason to remove the diplexors with the dpp44 switch. Put them back how they were and just add the 3rd receiver.

So I don't need to use seperators at all? Just diplexers.

Thanks again, Joe

Ok, got all the equipment going now using DPP44, diplexers and separators. Only problem I have is all of my TV2's (Three of them) have a poor picture quality. Any ideas??
I've tried changing OTA from 60 to 21 which did improve it but it's still bad.

Thanks, Joe

You guys ROCK! That was it, I had the sat side of the diplexer reversed. Changed it and it now looks beautiful!!! Thanks guys for all the help with this!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)