Help Please!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

buckev

Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I am putting a tv in my bathroom and have to rip sheetrock out to put a coax cable by it but have directv. I was going to get a lcd tv to mount flush to the wall but where do I put the box? Is there a mount that I can buy that tucks away a HD box or do I need to route another coax cable to somewhere else to put the box? I thought about a wireless transmitter but it in not hd only the red yellow and white wire not the progressive blue red and green. Can anybody help me PLEASE???

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!!

I don't know of such a mount, well I have some ideas...but for the bathroom.

Dude do you really need HD in the bathroom?

yes. My wife likes to take hour baths and it is also the changing room. Any help please?

If it doubles as a changing room, what about putting the box on a shelf and running an HDMI cable to the set as long as you're running coax?

Setting up the remote as UHF should eliminate IR LOS issues with the box.

i would love to keep box and tv close or more sheetrock has to be ripped out. The thing you said about the remote to UHF what is that???

You really think a TV in the bathroom/ with the tub ?

Think about how long that set is going to last when you submit it to constant moisture every time the bath or shower is run.

This is enemy # 1 for electronics.

I hope this is a low budget (price wise TV).

Jimbo

Dude, you must have more money than brains! Ripping out sheetrock!! to install a tv in a bathroom? Well, whatever. But, I gotta know, is it a full sized fridge and microwave? Or just the dorm/student sized? Might as well cut out the trip after dinner.

No my bathroom had a shower only and I ripped it out and am putting in a bathtub. The tv won't be close to the moisture. The bathroom is also the changing/makeup room.

You want to mount it "flush to the wall" in your bathroom? I understand that you're trying to amuse us. It's working, and I want you to know that I appreciate it.

I don't understand what you guys are getting all bent out of shape for, the guy is asking a legit question.

If you do a flush mount I would also recommend adding ventilation up top near the ceiling and a plexi-glass cover for it where the sides are vented for sound/heat. You can install the HD box anywhere, just need to be able to run a HDMI or Component cables to the TV. The HD boxes are RF capable so you can put the receiver in a closet or on top of cabinetry, you just may need to buy a RF capable remote from D* as the HD Receivers do not always come with them.

I have installed one in a bathroom that was behind the Mirror and you could oly see the TV when it was on. Probably a bit more expensive than what you are looking to do, and the PQ isn't the best as it is getting shaded.

IF the TV is NOT in a moisture envirement it should be ok.
I just can't imagine having a TV in a room that gets filled with steam from showers and baths.

Jimbo

Have the same setup in my master bath. Ignore peanut gallery comments.
I was able to fish a line from under the vanity to the TV location. I you are already commited to drywall repair, a few more small holes won't matter.
I am assuming you are going to have to install another electric outlet for the TV location, while you are doing that, loop it and the satellite feed to a cabinet under the vanity or a nearby closet with an open shelf, also install a component video or ( if price is no object) a long HDMI cable from the receiver location to TV mounting location. Remote control offers two options. Purchase the RF remote kit for your receiver if it didn't come with one, or install an IR repeater with a plasma or compact floresecent light (CFL) friendly IR receiver mounted by the TV. normally can use phone wire, microphone wire, almost any small guage 3 conducter wire to run between the receiver and TV. Xantech is one manufacturer, but there are many others. If your are dead set on mounting the TV in such a way that the display is flush with the wall, I would definitly think about making sure there is no insulation in that cavity and would cut out an opening at the top of the cavity near the ceiling where you could mount a cold air return vent cover to allow heat a place to dissipate but still not look too cheesy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)