Help pointing a 1000.2 ?

whoa you lost me there...also, I'm looking at one of my neighbors and I swear i've got it at least in the same general direction as theirs...shouldn't I at least see something?

Go check your elevation and skew of your neighbors 1000.2 sat dish and see what it is set at. Then go back and set yours the same. Then you can use your sat meter to slowly lock in on the 119 sat. Use port 1 of the lnb for pointing towards 119. Once you do lock it in place , run a check switch and you should have all 3 sats, unless you have a problem we can't tell from here. If all else fails you can see if a local installer will help you for a price.

Also make sure your dish is pointed in the same direction as your neighbors usual pointing direction is South, if you have a compass that helps. with a simple meter do a sweep left to right til you hear the highest tone then stop and run a check switch and see what you get.

Hey everyone, thanks, I appreciate all the help. So I found out my receiver is on the factory software and that it "might" make it harder to find the signal. (no idea why this would be the case though
confused.gif
)

I've still had no luck finding any signal strength on any sat. I even tried calling Dish directly and all of the local retailers they gave me numbers for are either out of business or not speaking English (not sure how Dish doesn't check these things)

So...If there are any installers/guys with a lot of knowledge (and maybe a good signal meter) in south San Jose that might be able to give me a hand please PM me. Thanks again!

YOU CALLED 1800-333-3474
and they gave you numbers to call local retailers???

I used their live chat for tech support. They told me the 3 local places with their names, addresses and phone numbers. Those are the three places I was referring to about being out of business/not real.
I informed them of this so they asked for another local zip code, I gave them one about 20 miles away to be safe and they had zero retailers near that zip.

It is very hard to believe that they didn't setup an appointment for a DISH Network Service Corporation installation.

Why would I lie about what they told me? They gave me 3 installers for which I already explained the result.

DISH has a very painful history of ignoring the local dealers and pushing the customer right into DNSC hands. I wasn't calling you a liar just very unusual actions by DISH.

it is very unusual. i dont know what to say. ive never heard of someone calling dish with problems, and being told they had to call a retailer, unless it was a special condition such as an install for a business or a multiple unit install or something out of the ordinary. whether or not there are dish offices in your area shouldnt make a difference, dish finds the office, retailer, or subcontractor that services your area and somebody shows up. i would ignore the live chat call dish directly and ask for an appointment.

it is very unusual. i dont know what to say. ive never heard of someone calling dish with problems, and being told they had to call a retailer, unless it was a special condition such as an install for a business or a multiple unit install or something out of the ordinary. whether or not there are dish offices in your area shouldnt make a difference, dish finds the office, retailer, or subcontractor that services your area and somebody shows up. i would ignore the live chat call dish directly and ask for an appointment.

okay that's definitely good to know. I'll give it one more try hopefully I can get something to work out.
I found a friend that has Dish so I can update the receiver software at his place and then maybe my dish will start working....

Hi, so I went to a friends house and updated the software on the receiver, so it does not appear to be the receiver that is the problem. However, now I have an Attention 587 message on the screen. Is there any way for me to get back to the dish pointer screen?
I tried holding power for 10 seconds and waiting for an Attn 015 message to come up but it doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)