Help setting up a new receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Helping out my neighbor - they had an old H21-200 receiver die after a big snow storm and the power went out. Directv sent him a replacement - H24-200 receiver. He was using a B-Band Convertor - which I would imagine he would continue to use. The dish is a slimline - and has one cable coming into the house - from the dish - my question is going through the set up when it comes to the type of dish - I don't have a clue what to set it to - and then it asks if there is a multi switch or something else. (can't remember what it was) I know they were getting all the channels before they had the everything package. Any help would be appreciated. FYI - tried several combinations yesterday...that didn't work - then got thinking maybe the B-Band Converter went bad - so I have a new one to try. Thanks

Set the dish to 3 or 5 lnb, whichever he has, then slimline and multiswitch. It could be a bad bbc. He would still get the sd channels though. Are you getting any picture? Check the signal strengths for 99c, 103ca and 103cb. They should be mostly in the 90s.

Can't tell what the signal is - it won't let me by the dish setup part - it gives me about 17 different choices...Thanks

Your dish type is more than likely SL3 or SL5, your other option ( can't see it on the screen) would be Multiswitch.

Last edited:
If was using a BBC before -He will still need it as his system is Not SWIM - Set the dish to SL-3 you can see the LNB Single round eye - If the DIsh has a oblong eye - Set it to SL-5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)