Help setting up Hopper in Alaska

cbinak

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I'm in Alaska.I have two(2) si:mad:6)foot dishes one pointed at 119 (on transponder 19 I get 52 on a sunny day)and the other at 129 (on transponder 24 I get 20 on a sunny day) with DPP lnb's going to DP44 (with powered line on input 1) and DP33 .I have four (4) ViP722's (running five(5) tv's now) and a neighbor running a 222.Can't get 110 sat because of a mountain blocking the sat.

What would I have to get if I wanted to run three(3) Hoppers and two(2) Super joeys.To hook to five(5) tv's.

Would I need new lnb's?

Upgrade wiring for Hopper's?

There is no installer around so need to do everything myself.

Thanks for any help

I'm in Alaska.I have two(2) si:mad:6)foot dishes one pointed at 119 (on transponder 19 I get 52 on a sunny day)and the other at 129 (on transponder 24 I get 20 on a sunny day) with DPP lnb's going to DP44 (with powered line on input 1) and DP33 .I have four (4) ViP722's (running five(5) tv's now) and a neighbor running a 222.Can't get 110 sat because of a mountain blocking the sat.

What would I have to get if I wanted to run three(3) Hoppers and two(2) Super joeys.To hook to five(5) tv's.

Would I need new lnb's?

Thanks for any help

A Super Joey can not be used on multiple Hopper systems. You would have to have separate MoCA networks for each of the Hoppers that have a Super Joey connected.

Would I need new lnb's?

Thanks for any help
5 TV's on a Hopper 3 system:
A Hopper 3 has 16 tuners so it should satisfy your needs.
4 Joey 3s will give independent tuning at the other 4 TV's
The 2 6ft. dishes with DPP lnbs should be connected to a DPH42 switch to give you the required HYBRID signals
To connect the Joeys I believe you need a solo hub..

The 20 on 129 may be a problem that is near the low end of signal requirements.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts