Help setting up Hopper in Alaska

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cbinak

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I'm in Alaska.I have two(2) si:mad:6)foot dishes one pointed at 119 (on transponder 19 I get 52 on a sunny day)and the other at 129 (on transponder 24 I get 20 on a sunny day) with DPP lnb's going to DP44 (with powered line on input 1) and DP33 .I have four (4) ViP722's (running five(5) tv's now) and a neighbor running a 222.Can't get 110 sat because of a mountain blocking the sat.

What would I have to get if I wanted to run three(3) Hoppers and two(2) Super joeys.To hook to five(5) tv's.

Would I need new lnb's?

Upgrade wiring for Hopper's?

There is no installer around so need to do everything myself.

Thanks for any help

I'm in Alaska.I have two(2) si:mad:6)foot dishes one pointed at 119 (on transponder 19 I get 52 on a sunny day)and the other at 129 (on transponder 24 I get 20 on a sunny day) with DPP lnb's going to DP44 (with powered line on input 1) and DP33 .I have four (4) ViP722's (running five(5) tv's now) and a neighbor running a 222.Can't get 110 sat because of a mountain blocking the sat.

What would I have to get if I wanted to run three(3) Hoppers and two(2) Super joeys.To hook to five(5) tv's.

Would I need new lnb's?

Thanks for any help

A Super Joey can not be used on multiple Hopper systems. You would have to have separate MoCA networks for each of the Hoppers that have a Super Joey connected.

Would I need new lnb's?

Thanks for any help
5 TV's on a Hopper 3 system:
A Hopper 3 has 16 tuners so it should satisfy your needs.
4 Joey 3s will give independent tuning at the other 4 TV's
The 2 6ft. dishes with DPP lnbs should be connected to a DPH42 switch to give you the required HYBRID signals
To connect the Joeys I believe you need a solo hub..

The 20 on 129 may be a problem that is near the low end of signal requirements.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts