Help Solve a Single Channel Problem

Don't Winegard amp's do wonders :) I have 4 Winegards, 2 pre amps and 2 distribution amps and never had any problems. Is the 8700 you have high input or low noise high output? I have an 8700 and an 8200 from the 80's one is one type and one is the other.

Don't Winegard amp's do wonders :) I have 4 Winegards, 2 pre amps and 2 distribution amps and never had any problems. Is the 8700 you have high input or low noise high output? I have an 8700 and an 8200 from the 80's one is one type and one is the other.

The 8700 I got this morning says Lo-Noise on the box, and yes, this one works wonders. You can read about it here.

The 8275 wasn't so wonderful. It caused more problems than what it was worth. :)

But I would think that each antenna, location, and circumstances would be different.

That's probably why they make half a dozen different models. :D

I hadn't used the digi antenna but Craig from Skywalker says it is the strongest signal he has come across. He said it is so strong that he has had to start adding attenuators even at 45 miles out.

So this does remind us that bigger (stronger) isn't always better with antennae in the digital realm.

Glad you found the solution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)