Help? Something wierd with my locals

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Today I decided to do a Channel Scan. Before then scan I had 11 locals and after the scan it went up to 27. The channels were Food Network, HGTV, TLCec, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Disneyec, Toon Disneyec, ESPNec, ESPN2ec, Starz, FNCec and a few others. The funny thing is I got the USDTV menu channel with audio and video but all the others had no picture but had audio. What can I do to get the video of these because I'd love to have Food and HGTV with VOOM.

~Brian

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Today I decided to do a Channel Scan. Before then scan I had 11 locals and after the scan it went up to 27. The channels were Food Network, HGTV, TLCec, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Disneyec, Toon Disneyec, ESPNec, ESPN2ec, Starz, FNCec and a few others. The funny thing is I got the USDTV menu channel with audio and video but all the others had no picture but had audio. What can I do to get the video of these because I'd love to have Food and HGTV with VOOM.

~Brian
Brian, what are the channel numbers for those additional channels?
Sounds like your channel map is messed up and you are getting some channels that you are not supposed to (including HGTV and Food Network that are rumored to be coming soon, but are not yet released). If you want to get rid of them, try rebooting the STB (e.g. by unplugging it for a few seconds). Give it 20 minutes after that and then try rescanning the OTA. If this doesn't help, you can try the Factory Reset as your last resort.

No, everything is as it should be. USDTV has begun broadcasting in the Los Angeles area also. They have taken over several stations and it looks like they are splitting the signal into 6 (UGH, SIX!!) subchannels for each frequency. They are trying to compete with cable and satellite. They are offering NO HDTV channels. Oh boy, just what we need, fill up the OTA spectrum with SCRAMBLED signals that need a proprietary STB to decode. They currently do not support DVI. I am simply blocking the stations so they don't pollute the program guide with unreachable channels.

Ilya said:
Brian, what are the channel numbers for those additional channels?
Sounds like your channel map is messed up and you are getting some channels that you are not supposed to (including HGTV and Food Network that are rumored to be coming soon, but are not yet released). If you want to get rid of them, try rebooting the STB (e.g. by unplugging it for a few seconds). Give it 20 minutes after that and then try rescanning the OTA. If this doesn't help, you can try the Factory Reset as your last resort.

they are 99-1, 99-2, 99-3 and such fourth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts