Help - Spoke to a E* supervisor

dish_dtv said:
Hi!

I just got off the phone with an E* supervisor, trying to upgrade to a DVR-625 from my old 301. Here were the options that I got:
1. Upgrade to 625 with an 18-month commitment for $70 (LEASED Equipment).
2. Buy a 510 for $120 with no-commitment, and I'd own the equipment.

Experts, could you weigh in with your opinion on the deals offered. Also, if you could help me with the pros/cons of upgrading to 510 or 625, that'd be most helpful.

The supervisor had no answer for me when I pointed out that http://www.dishnetwork.com has a $50 free-upgrade to 625 with NO commitment (or Free upgrade to 625 with 18-month commitment) for their new customers, and why they could not offer that to me. They don't seem to care for old customers (I've been an E* customer since 2000).

Thanks!

Are you swapping out the 301 for a 625. Is the 301 they only reciever on your acct. If it is your only paying the DVR fee of $5.98 then.

Although you may be leasing the equipment from Dish the equipment warranty remains one year.. If you want to be covered longer you have to pick up the Dish Home Protection Plan for $5.99. It's a misconception that you are guarenteed to free replacement as long as you lease it.. However this being said I have seen Dish replace receivers that went bad after the one year period for free if you really push the issue and have been a good customer.

301 is my only receiver

Yes, 301 is my only receiver. Both the CSR supervisor and CEO@ECHOSTAR.COM confirmed that I will have to pay a $5.00 lease fee, even if I return the 301 to E*.

That's what makes this deal a no-no, having to shell out $10.98 per month to use DVR features. I wonder if I should just go to e-bay or craig's list for a used 508.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts