Help - St Louis HD 118.7

p0seidon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2007
Hello, Ive been hunting down any sort of help possible in getting this issue resolved. I believe a few months ago, some local hd channels moved to 118.7, I believe there are some forum posts about this.

I live in St. Louis, MO. I can no longer get signal for the Fox (KTVI) 002 and NBC (KSDK) 005 HD Channels.

I've called DishNetwork directly 4 times now to have a technician come fix this. The technicians could not get the satellite to obtain a signal.

I emailed their support, and they dont want to touch the support due to me having the contract through ATT.

Im sure this is a massive problem for the area I live in, as we are a large suburban area. The Fall lineup is coming up soon in like 3 weeks, Im going to be really pissed off if I cant watch those channels in HD as Im paying for them.

Anyone have any solution or tell me how to get this resolved with ATT or DishNetwork. DishNetwork will not even acknowledge the satellite move. Their field technicians seem to know all about the problem as everytime they come out, they say its like their 6th case this week.

I am having the same problem with some locals. I noticed the problem is getting worse over the last week or so. I had my original install 4 months ago and needed a service call about 2 months ago for the local problems. They tweaked the dish and said all would be good. I was planning on calling on Monday morning again.

The HD locals have always bee there. They just didn't move them. It sounds like you had this satellite before but now you have lost it. What signals can you receive from 118 satellite?

I live inthe Metro East on the Illinois side and I have not noticed any problems with the HD channels for either 2 or 5.

I have several HD customers in the St. Louis area. They all have lost Ch 2 & 5. Both these channels are on the same transponder. The other local HD's are on a different transponder. Ch 2 & 5 are receiving a signal of about 20-25 on the new calibrated signal strength meter. The other locals are at 40-50. This all happend when Dish moved 118 to the AMC satellite a couple of months back. Before that, all locals came in fine with good strong signals on all transponders.

The HD locals have always bee there. They just didn't move them. It sounds like you had this satellite before but now you have lost it. What signals can you receive from 118 satellite?

I have 0 problems with all the other channels, except for those 2 channels. I cant give you any signal readouts at this time, since Im at work currently

I have several HD customers in the St. Louis area. They all have lost Ch 2 & 5. Both these channels are on the same transponder. The other local HD's are on a different transponder. Ch 2 & 5 are receiving a signal of about 20-25 on the new calibrated signal strength meter. The other locals are at 40-50. This all happend when Dish moved 118 to the AMC satellite a couple of months back. Before that, all locals came in fine with good strong signals on all transponders.

So there's some acknowledgments of the problem, is there any solution?

2 and 5 are working for the first time since Friday. Just checked the signal, on 2,5 it is running 14-17, all other locals it is 50+.

2 and 5 are working for the first time since Friday. Just checked the signal, on 2,5 it is running 14-17, all other locals it is 50+.

I have experienced this once or twice over the last few months. The problem is they will go out again in just a few hours and stay out for weeks at a time.

I called, cs rep said that my signal levels of 14-17 are fine. She had me do the basics, reboot both receivers, unplug everything and verify the power inserter had a green light.

I have a tech scheduled for next Monday AM.

Does it matter that I live in Illinois. I watching football on 2 Fox HD yesterday.

Like I was saying earlier, it seems to affect only certain areas in the stl region. for instance my coworker, who lives in OFallon MO has no issues, myself and another coworker do have issues in North County/Florissant/Ferguson areas.

If you can, I highly recommend OTA for HD. It's a much better picture. I live in St. Peters and get 100% signal for 2, 4, 5, 9 and low 90s for 11 and 30.

Yes, the OTA is better, but times with multiple recordings scheduled you need the satellite locals.

That is the only drawback I've found. It's really bad on Sunday afternoons when I want to switch between AFC and NFC games and not miss out. Of course I guess I could skip the Rams and not miss anything. :rolleyes:

turns out after contacting E* directly via email, someone called my house and we arranged to have the mac daddy of dish alignment devices coming to my house to align my dish or whatever the terminology is.

hope that works

turns out after contacting E* directly via email, someone called my house and we arranged to have the mac daddy of dish alignment devices coming to my house to align my dish or whatever the terminology is.

hope that works

ha, kinda curious... let us know what the "mac daddy of dish alignment devices" is.
As an installer in the stl area, I can tell you... the transponder you are having trouble with (can't remember which one it is off the top of my head), is a pain... the signal on it sucks. I have a lot of customers that have had the same problem you have.

That is the only drawback I've found. It's really bad on Sunday afternoons when I want to switch between AFC and NFC games and not miss out. Of course I guess I could skip the Rams and not miss anything. :rolleyes:

the way they played in the 2nd half you wouldn't miss much by skipping the rams.

anyway, this is the one main problem that is keeping me from getting HD thru dish with the STL locals, because that's the two channels we watch most in our house, 2 and 5. all for the rams and cards games, but i'm way out of OTA range too, so I'll stick with SD till we get these issues resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts