Install question

ciscore

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Iowa
I'm getting E* installed this wednesday after not having it for about a year. Previously I had a single 811 and I'll be going to a single 722. I left the cable and bracket installed from before in case I went back. Since the 722 is a dual tuner, I'm assuming they'll need to remove the old single coax run and install a new double coax run?

I'm getting E* installed this wednesday after not having it for about a year. Previously I had a single 811 and I'll be going to a single 722. I left the cable and bracket installed from before in case I went back. Since the 722 is a dual tuner, I'm assuming they'll need to remove the old single coax run and install a new double coax run?

I just had my install last week, and they just used the existing single coax run. I'm feeding my 722 both SAT tuners using a seperator and the OTA tuner using a diplexer.

I just had my install last week, and they just used the existing single coax run. I'm feeding my 722 both SAT tuners using a seperator and the OTA tuner using a diplexer.
hmmm, that'd be nice if they could use it. I think I have the gap in my siding filled up with other cables. How is the diplexer used for your OTA? I dont know much about satellite technology.

hmmm, that'd be nice if they could use it. I think I have the gap in my siding filled up with other cables. How is the diplexer used for your OTA? I dont know much about satellite technology.

One RG6 comes from the dish, one from the OTA antenna, they go into the diplexer come out as one signal in one coax cable, diplexer on the other side the OTA is fed into the OTA tuner, the SAT is fed into a seperator and then each SAT input is fed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)