Help! Stupid Wind!

NewMexicoCanadian

Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
I got my Starchoice DSR 315 and 75cm Dish back in December. After a lot of work we finally got it working. But two days ago a huge windstorm came through and knocked the dish out of alignment and now we can't seem to find Anik F1 anymore. We have literally spent hours searching. Am I missing something? I know that for an satellite already exposed to Anik I need to be on channel 299 to find the signal but I gotta tell you, I am getting sick of looking at that stupid -3.0

I am in Gallup, New Mexico and any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I have already missed one Canadian Hockey Game. I really don't want to miss tomorrows.

Thanks

A little late now, but with the wind we see around the Hurricane Prone states, I usually get a sharpie or something to mark settings where things can change.

Depending on your diligence and setup, this could make a big difference in the future.

However, if you have found one but not the other - and you did not loosen up everything and start from scratch, it sounds like your skew might have changed in the wind.

Again, next time....mark the settings as best you can.

New Problems.

So now I went out and bought a signal meter, model sf1000, to help us because after 4 days of searching we were sick of it.

But the meter is not doing anything. Apparently the meter is supposed to react automatically whether or not we are on a sattelite and you are supposed to be able to adjust the indicator when you turn the knob. Well none of that is happening.

Another weird thing, when I am in options 6-3-1, the signal strength scene, any time I type any number into the provider ID the big box in the middle says, correct signal found. And the meter at the bottom of that screen is bigger when the signal meter is plugged in as opposed to when the reciever is just hooked up to the dish. But we still can't find the right satellite.

Can anyone help us. We are pulling our hair out here.

I just found out that we had a power outage during the windstorm. Is it possible that this could disrupt something about the sattelite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)