Help the DVR illiterate please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

YardTime

Original poster
May 18, 2007
I have DirecTV and I'm considering getting a DVR. I have an HD TV but I don't subscribe to HD through DirecTV, although I do get several HD channels OTA (which is awesome).

I'm not sure exactly what I need to consider in making my decision on what route to take concerning a DVR. Should I just go with the DirecTV DVR or are there alternatives? If I get a DVR do I have to subscribe to the DVR package with DirecTV before it will function? Insight from those more knowledgeable than myself would be appreciated. I am fairly clueless about what to look for and what options are out there. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

TIA

You would have to get Directv DVR service in order for it to work.R15 is a Standard Def. $99 lease. DVR HR-20 is HD DVR.$299 lease. Maybe free if you are a new customer.There is a 2 year agreement with activation.

Are there any non-lease options? I am a current directv customer, but I fulfilled my contract with them years ago. I would think they would be willing to give me a deal if I were to make a new 2-year committment with them.

If I got the HR-20 would it handle my OTA HD channels?

Are there any non-lease options? I am a current directv customer, but I fulfilled my contract with them years ago. I would think they would be willing to give me a deal if I were to make a new 2-year committment with them.

If I got the HR-20 would it handle my OTA HD channels?
Yes you can . Standard Def. DVR (R-15) is $399 HD DVR HR-20 is $749. also a SD non DVR is( D-11 or D12) $149 and HD non DVR (H-20)$399 these are non lease prices.

Yes you can . Standard Def. DVR (R-15) is $399 HD DVR HR-20 is $749. also a SD non DVR is( D-11 or D12) $149 and HD non DVR (H-20)$399 these are non lease prices.

And of course it still costs you $4.99 a month owned or lease so there is no reason not to lease as the price is a whole lot cheaper.

To the OP, yes, the HR20 records OTA.

And of course it still costs you $4.99 a month owned or lease so there is no reason not to lease as the price is a whole lot cheaper.

To the OP, yes, the HR20 records OTA.

Dvr service is $5.99 per month,The 4.99 per month is a mirror fee,that is only charged if you have 2 or more Recievers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)